Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

is it ok to put a rug on top of a carpet?

Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer!

Thanks for your request, I appreciate it!

If the entire room is carpeted, it is fine to put a matching area rug on top of the carpet in a certain place, like under a coffee table in front of a couch, or just in front of the couch even if there is no coffee table. It is also acceptable to put a large area rug under the diningroom table; it adds color and texture to the floor in the room. This is a very popular decorating idea.

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a Positive rating and positive feedback on the survey would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for entrusting your important question to Just Answer!

Warmest regards,
Cher