Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I need to know how many forever stamps to put on a manilla

I need to know how many forever stamps to put on a manilla folder over 3 feet tall and over 2 feet wide containing income. tax returns from the last 2 years.

Hello, Linda and welcome!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

How much does the manila envelope weigh?

Your manila envelope is over 3 feet high and over 2 feet wide? Are you sure of your dimensions? That's quite a huge envelope!

Where did you check online?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried checking at web sites and could discern that it would take at least 4 stamps. Yes I am sure the envelope is over 3 feet tall and over 2 feet wide. What it would hold is 2 years of income tax return forms for last year and this year.
Hi again, Linda and thanks for your helpful reply.

If you check the US Postal Service site, you will see how much postage is needed based on the weight and dimensions of your envelope. For this size, it doesn't sound like 4 forever stamps would be enough. Check here: http://postcalc.usps.com/ and choose the dimensions of your envelope closest to those shown. Also, enter the other information to calculate the postage price.

It would be advisable to bring your envelope to the nearest Post Office to have it weighed and be given an exact amount for postage. It might also be a good idea to send it return receipt requested, so you know it was received by the IRS and/or ask for a 'proof of mailing'; this will prove you mailed it but not that it was received. Proof of mailing is not expensive.

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Please do not rate negatively, before clicking 'Reply' and letting me know what additional information you need. Thanks!

If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a positive rating and positive feedback on the survey would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for entrusting your important question to Just Answer!

Warmest regards,
Cher