Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

What is the cheapest ticket availavable from the 26th of September

What is the cheapest ticket availavable from the 26th of September to the 29th of the same month from New York (any airport) to Atlanta (ROUND TRIP). the flights preferably need to be after noon both ways.

Thanks
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Alexandre and welcome!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Are you looking for a non-stop flight or is one stop alright?

Thanks,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Cher. Thanks.

It could also fo one stop

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Alexandre and you're most welcome!

Thanks for your reply with additional information. I am researching this for you and will get back to you with the information I have found. It might take a little while, so thanks in advance for your patience. : )

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Take your time. Matter of fact, if it takes a few days not a problem. The important thing is that the price is good : )

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Alexandre.

Thanks for the leeway with the time. I appreciate it! : )

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome!

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Laughing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But please keep me informed : )

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Alexandre.

Yes, I will keep you informed of my search and findings. : )

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Cher. Could you give me an update? : )
thanks

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

The lowest price I've found so far is $210 but I don't know if that's low enough for you, so I'm still searching.

Can you give me an idea of your lowest price possible to pay?

Also, as you may know, prices change from day to day or even minute to minute, so if you're traveling in September, you might get a good price now, and then a lower one might come along from a different airline or agency. I know that if it's the same airline, they might honor the lower ticket price and give you that, at the time.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well.. It is cheaper that I had found for.

So if you find something for less than 210 you let me know okay?

Do you think when you message me I will still have time to get the price by the time I buy it?

Thanks

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

Yes, I'm still searching and yes, I think by the time I message you you will still have time to get that price by the time you buy it, if you buy it right away.

Can you tell me what you found that was lower than 210? The price and airline? Thanks! Then I'll have a better starting point.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Cher.

I actually meant to say YOU found in for cheaper.

Ill wait then : )

Thanks

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

Oh, okay! : )

I'll let you know when I find something less.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you know what airline was the one for 210?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

I'll have to check and let you know.

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Alexandre.

There are several problems which may prevent you from getting the lowest fare on this trip. First, traveling on a Sunday (the day you want to come home) is more expensive; in addition, the afternoon time is more expensive. Also, some restrictions apply with some airlines, like you have to book 21 days in advance to get the best price and you would be booking more than that, many days in advance.

I can't find the 210 I found the other day; I don't remember the airline, but I think it was through faresaver or some company like that.

I've tried several airlines separately and Jet Blue doesn't fly to Atlanta, Spirit has two different prices for one way only and I found this, to give you an idea of what's available within all your parameters:
http://travel.travelocity.com/flights/InitialSearch.do?Service=TRAVELOCITY&last_pgd_page=ushpnbff.pgd&entryPoint=FD&pk g_type=fh_pkg&flightType=roundtrip&dateFormat=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy&subnav=form-fo&leavingFrom=JFK&goingTo=ATL&dateTypeSelect=exactDates&leavingDate=09%2F26%2F2013&dateLeavingTime=Anytime&departDateFlexibility=3&returningDate=09%2F29%2F2013&dateReturningTime=Anytime&returnDateFlexibility=3&adults=1&children=0&seniors=0&minorsAge0=%3F&minorsAge1=%3F&minorsAge2=%3F&minorsAge3=%3F&minorsAge4=%3F

Wow, that's a big link; I hope you can download it.

One airline suggested the price at the airport is usually lower and you could always go to 'Priceline.com' to put in a bid for your own price. I can't do that for you, unfortunately.

What price did you find when you looked and what is the highest you're willing to pay. This information will help me as I continue to search for you. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cher.

Is the question closed?

Id like to discuss the best possibility right now. If I should ask you a question 21 days prior to my flight?

Thanks

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Alexandre.

It seemed that the question was closed, but I don't know why. Did you request it closed?

I can continue to research this for you and maybe you'll be lucky and I'll find something where you can lock in a good price now. I only mentioned that some sites say you can book 21 days in advance, not all. Some people book a year in advance! : )

Did you check out Priceline? I can't put in a bid for you because you have to enter your information.

At this time, your question has 2½ days left on it, but if it closes before our business is finished, I can request it re-opened.

Is there any way you can change your dates so you come home on a weekday, like Monday? As I mentioned, flying home on Sunday increases the prices I've already researched.

I'm still working hard on this for you!

If you can answer my few questions, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Cher.

There is no way to change the day or return to New York, unfortunately.

So if there is anything for less than 210 let me know: )

Thanks

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply and additional information about your return date, I appreciate it.

I am continuing to search for you.

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cher. Douyou know when the question will be closed?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Alexandre.

Thanks very much for your patience. You have ESP! lol I was just about to send you this information:

This is the lowest fare I could find, suiting your dates and times of departure; it's through Expedia:

nonstop
2:10p LGA
New York
4:35p ATL
Atlanta
Total duration: 2h 25m
$248.72 roundtrip per person

and this: http://www.cheapflightnow.com/SearchResult.aspx with AirTran, just a little bit more. You can call them and/or speak with a rep. online. (NNN) NNN-NNNN http://www.cheapflightnow.com/Contact/PhoneCall.aspx

There are no flights for less than $210. The ad I saw just said 'from $210', but there were no flights at that price.

The question will close in 22 hours.

I think this is the best price you will find unless you call the various airlines and/or airline booking websites personally.

I hope I was of help. I've been researching this for you for a long time! : )

Best regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Cher.
I could not open up the link with the result of the flight for 248.
Do you know why?

Also, I wonder if I rate you positively and I ask you this question again soon if we would be able to find something cheaper.

Thanks

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Alexandre and you're most welcome.

Thanks so much for your reply.

I don't know why you couldn't open that link. I'll check into it.

Yes, if you give a positive rating at this time and then ask the question again, soon, we might be able to find something cheaper. As I mentioned, the rates are changing all the time.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Lets do this then : )

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Okay, sounds like a good plan and thanks very much for your positive rating; it is greatly appreciated! : )

Best regards,
Cher