Glenda B.
Glenda B., Internet Researcher
Experience:  15+ years of experience in research, verification and data collection.
53729464
Type Your Question Here...

hello ms daisy yellow spots on apple tree how to fox and

Customer Question

hello ms daisy yellow spots on apple tree
how to fox and no fruit ed
Category: General
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ed,

How old is your Apple Tree? And are the yellow spots on the leaves?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i m sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

4 yrs old

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Edward, nice to see you again.

Are you gardening Organically or do you mind using other products? It sounds like you have a fungal problem! Do you have more then one apple tree there and has it produced before?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes yes

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Edward,

Hope you are doing well!

.

I thought you might want an organic solutions to the spots. The spots are a fungus, generally they show up in late spring but, with weather being off this year, we have noticed that a lot of fungal diseases are showing up a little later. Here are a few things you can try, I have used all of these and they work well when applied according to the directions: Fungus Pharm Organic All Natural Fungicide, Nature's Way Fungus Spray,.

I have also used this method many times with great success: Treatment:

Use 3 percent hydrogen peroxide, it will not harm plants or fruit trees if applied
undiluted. It will treat a wide range of fungal diseases including powdery
mildew, rot and wilt. Spray the infected fruit tree with undiluted 3 percent hydrogen peroxide. For horticultural grade hydrogen peroxide -- which is generally about 35 percent -- mix 2 1/2 tablespoons with 1 gallon of water. Transfer the homemade fungus treatment to a clean pump sprayer. Spray when Calm and no rain is forecast, spray the tops and undersides of the fruit trees' leaves thoroughly until the solution is dripping off the foliage. Repeat the treatment once a week. It is best to make the homemade fungus spray the day you use it.

.

As for not bearing fruit: Over-pruning trees tends to keep them vegetative and greatly delays their bearing fruit. Prune your trees only enough to train them to the desired form, whether they are open center or modified leader, then leave them alone. Some people prune them back hard thinking the vigorous shoots that result are good for the tree. This is far from the truth. Those shoots are not productive and can actually harbor more insects than normal shoots. So don't over-prune.

Another reason for a delay in bearing could be over-fertilization, particularly with high nitrogen fertilizers. These promote excess vegetative growth and delay bearing. Use only enough balanced fertilizer like 10-10-10 to produce about one foot of new growth on your non-bearing tree. In other words, let the tree struggle a bit, and it'll produce better fruit. Apple trees that flowered and don't fruit can be due to late freezes. The main and most common reason is too much fertilizer, even if you only used it in a surrounding area it could have run off effecting the apple tree.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free letting me know. If there is a problem with my answer please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button )any problem can be resolved.

A rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces (then clicking submit ) lets JustAnswer/Pearl know I did answer your question, then I am compensated for my time, at no additional cost to the you I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

When you get the survey in email please respond, ( this impacts my job ) and please consider that the rating is for my professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site, or any values that are not as high as expected. ( which I cannot control ). Thank you so much!

If you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, request me then just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. This way it ensures I receive this, since just a request can expire after awhile.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much,

If you have any problems rating me on this question, please let me know.

Glenda

.

Keep in mind Just Answer has a Multitude of Categories to serve you, from Legal to Pets and everything in between.

Glenda B., Internet Researcher
Experience: 15+ years of experience in research, verification and data collection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

miss daisy\

im a terrible farmer

no kiwi,no grapes.no figs,no cherries,no necterines,pleaches are rotting before ready, no apples,, no plumes,no appercates,no tomatoes,no eggplants,no peppers,what a bad year its been.

newjersey,i water, ferterlize.

any suggestions

ed

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ed,

.

I am sorry, it has been a really bad year for everyone! All over the US, I have been on so many chat forums, and everyone is saying the same thing, their produce is not producing the fruit trees are not. They are all talking back and forth wondering what has been happening. How much rain are you getting, here in the South we are getting way to much rain it is causing blossom end rot, and it is washes nutrients from the soil that the plants need. My peppers cannot get ready they get so big then the bottom half rots.

Tell me how your weather has been?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

TERRIBLE HOT ,MUGGY, RAIN

ED

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
Ed I thought so, it is like that here also and my plants are horrible. They will not produce, my tomatoes are the size of golf balls and I cannot get them to ripen. We have too much rain and then too hot and muggy. When it gets over 90 most plants go into protection mode and stop producing. I think you are doing all things right and not much you can do with the weather conditions. Have you had your soil tested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SOIL OK MS DAISY

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

ED

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Ed

I just talked to a group that are on facebook a plant chat group, I asked them if anyone was in your area and they are, they are having the same problems you are. They are as puzzled as you are. We all are. My poor gardens look horrible! What the bugs did not eat up are not producing..

I would spray the trees with a good fungicide and make sure they are good. Then I would not do too much more to them.

If I can help further let me know.

Glenda