Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I am a small consulting firm (software development). I noticed

I am a small consulting firm (software development). I noticed that several small recruiting companies are 'preferred vendors' for fortune 500 companies. I am not sure how one gets on this preferred vendor list. I would have thought a certain company size and revenue is necessary - but it doesn't seem that these recruiting companies meet that criteria.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

From what I have researched this morning on this topic, it seems that from the website bizfilings.com reports that:

Each company has its own version of the Approved/Preferred Vendor Application Form, which you can obtain from the prime's small business liaison or purchasing department. The information that you will be asked to provide will vary, depending on the type of work you will be doing.

As for detailed information on possible ways to become a preferred vendor, review these steps that are offered below:

http://www.bizfilings.com/toolkit/sbg/run-a-business/govt-contracts/getting-on-approved-preferred-vendor-lists.aspx