Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

I have a 110 year old fur muff brought to the USA from Ireland.

I have a 110 year old fur muff brought to the USA from Ireland. How do care for it?

Usually furs are placed in storage during the spring and summer months. The Fur Storage Companies/Furriers, will usually do the repairs, clean and store the fur, and in this case, the Fur Muff. It is important because the heat and humidity can take its toll on a fur pelt. This will give you an examole of one fur storage company and what they charge:

Most nother states have several fur storage and repair companies.

As far as value, it would depend on the type of pelts the muff is made from, age and condition. If youp contact a furrier, they can give you more information on the muff. When I was young, I used to go with my mother to the Furrier every spring so she coould have her mink stole cleaned, glazed and put in storage until late fall and early winter. Please let me know if you have further questions. If you supply a State, I can try and locate a Furrier for you. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so much! I live in minnesota

How ironic, the first Furrier I gave you is in MN. I can found some others for you.:

Albrechts-Kruse-Gross Furriers Incorporated Mn, 3930 West 50Th Street, 55424 Minneapolis | Phone : 001(NNN) NNN-NNNN/address>

... Stores, Store, Fur Cleaning & Storage, Furriers, Furrier, Moving, Storage, Cleaning, Repair, More...

Ribnick Fur & Leather Mn, 224 North 1St Street, 55401 Minneapolis | Phone :(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Ribnick Furs Shop for furs online or visit our store in Minneapolis, MN ..., Fur Storage, Leather Clothing Retail, leather jackets minneapolis, Accessory Repair, Furriers

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Joan