Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 years practicing attorney, Realtor, 26 years landlord
Type Your Question Here...

When I was talking to a cop on the phone, who wants me to come

When I was talking to a cop on the phone, who wants me to come in for questioning and knows I'm not at home, he asked me where I am. Is that part of their technique, or does it mean something more?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
Although it isn't standard for them to ask where you are located, they may be asking to see if you are in town and can come by without much delay. If you were out of town, then they would likely try to schedule an appointment for when you got back.
So I wouldn't read too much into it unless you think that you may be charged with a crime and arrested. If so, then you may want to talk to a criminal defense attorney and see if he can discover if a warrant has been issued for your arrest.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.