SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

I have been watching what is called

Customer Question

I have been watching what is called mixed wrestling (youtube, galaxy.dww.com, grapplinggirls.com) for while and discovered that woman have stronger calfs and apply body scissors with much more power than man and also seen smaller woman can beat bigger man. So I am wondering how true what I noticed.
And please give support either way and are fights staged or real. what physical strength advantages do woman have over man and can thick woman transforme most of fat with just heavy constant workout or steroids and other stuff are necessary.

If this is actaully to much tell me.
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to continue waiting
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continue
Thank you for your patience while we search for a professional to assist you.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. On average, a man legs are more powerful than a woman legs as far as the muscles goes. When it come to scissors, smaller leg may have more trouble to get into position but once done, they can be stronger because they act as a smaller lever. Women also have femurs more distanced and this can allow a better positioning for the scissor.

As for staged or not, that depend of the league. The UFC for example is not staged.

As for converting fat in muscle, there is not magic: hard work. Steroid will do but if a women take them it will show (giving masculine trait).

One advantage of a women over a man (in case of man vs woman) is the lower gravity center of women making them more stable. Another one is the women supposed higher tolerance to pain that may help in submission position (red haired are even more tolerant according to study).

One great sport to see weight, height and force difference is sumo wrestling.
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.
Its mike here again, sorry to drop off, i didnt receive any notification of reply.Scientifically speaking the differences between male and female are hormonal and a slight bone structure difference. The androgenic and anabolic hormones of a male are the reason men carry more muscle compared to women, which is why a majority of women do not gain muscle as easily as men when training and diet are the same.Obviously there are always genetic outlying individuals that are obvious exceptions both in hornone levels as well as genetic natural strength. However take a muscle cross section from a man and woman with equal training and electrically stimulate them - they will contract with the same force.The variable which may dictate the "victory" is a technique difference and maybe a bit of submissive behavior. I have trained a myriad of mixed martial arts and training and conditioning aside its a bit of a chess game. So in other words take a more experienced wrestler, larger in size, they have the advantage considering conditioning is the same.As far as conversion of fat to muscle - this just plain does not happen. Fat is just energy storage, muscle is a structural component. Burning fat is used for energy, traditionally during lower intensity activities, muscle is built in the presence of its raw materials during rest. PED performancing enhancing drugs can create a situation of better anabolism but this is not a conversion - its two separate activities.With mixed wrestling its likely a situation of a better trained individual with better conditioning against a lesser opponent. In the case of smaller people beating larger ones its a conditioning and technique difference. If you look at the very first UFC (ufc 1) you will see a man named royce gracie who weighed roughly 160ish lbs beating the daylights out of guys who weighed nearly twice his size, quite handly as well - a major experience and conditioning difference will usually win over pure size.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So steroid and testerone do not change fat to muscle also lifting heavy workout does not transform fat to muscle

But if last point I said is true how come fat bigger fatter people become big muscular

And skinny people gain extra muscle but not to bigger fater one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You also said about cross section that equal traing equal power but you said first that woman do not gain muscle same speed as man so how can these two go together
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I a, confused you said that fat does convert into muscle but other researcher Martin said they do.
Clear things for me also Women also have femurs more distanced and this can allow a better positioning for the scissor is that enough to acquaint for the big difference between woman scissor and man's and saying that. are woman muscles positioned same as man on legs is there any difference which could account for difference in scissor power

Finally I mentioned staged and not staged what your take on that especially galaxy.dww.com.

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
"Finally I mentioned staged and not staged" I see a lot of staged there :) I looked at some video, the hit and pain seem genuine, but like in every pro sport, we never know if the final result is staged. What look out of place is the stamina. In many video they don't feel trained a lot, i saw backyard cat fight with more action.

Fat does not convert to muscle materially, it is part of the equation to get there and the "space" will end up with muscle in the end. A bit like a humming bird eat sugar to fly but still need to eat insects for his eggs, feathers and muscles (protein, amino acids).

Fatter or skinnier is not a general factor to being able to get a lot of muscular mass or not. Also 2 factors are present in muscle strength: the number of muscular fiber and the size of them (the size come with training, the number is XXXXX).

As for women muscle position, they use the same system as men. You have a theory about scissor power. I only pointed why some women could have an advantage over men, but i think men are still stronger at it. The man would have to be build weaker that average or suffer from a previous fight injury to lose if the 2 are close to their average gender.
Ok so my answers will be in black - answering your questions that are in the blue. First thing is, I am a physiologist, this is the study of the human body and its response to growth, stress, injury, drugs etc etc.. I cannot speak for another expert but I literally have more than a decade of formal education on the science of human movement. I trust you want an expert answer that is accurate.

"So steroid and testerone do not change fat to muscle also lifting heavy workout does not transform fat to muscle

And skinny people gain extra muscle but not to bigger fater one"

Heavy lifting is merely a training stimulus - it provides the body with a signal to grow larger more powerful muscles to adapt to the "stress" of the weight training - so genetically speakoing of bigger fatter people, metabolism is another variable as well as bone structure(of large vs small) that allows a person to hold muscle easier. People with very fast metabolisms have a hard time gaining muscle because of the energy requirements even at rest are so great that it is often hard to put on muscle. Where heavier, fatter people can store energy excess as body fat because the body doesn't use it(slower metabolism). As far as fatter people putting on more muscle, it is NOT always the case but ever so often you have a person doing bodyweight exercises, and because of a larger load that they carry its SOMETIMES easier to gain muscle. Again though - burning fat actively and

"You also said about cross section that equal traing equal power but you said first that woman do not gain muscle same speed as man so how can these two go together "

Sorry i should have explained - so this i mean, if you take a small section(say 1 cubic centimeter of a mans muscle(any body part - bicep, thigh, calf, whatever) and compare the contractile force of the same muscle(assuming no genetic fiber differences) and compare to it womans, the force will be the same. As far as gaining muscle through training, testosterone is a major player in building muscle, women do not have high levels of this hormone and as such do not gain easily. So basically anabolic steroids, synthetic testosterones, are sometimes introduced to both male and female for the purpose of building muscle faster. Again though 2 diferent things - contractile strength is the same from male to female, but the BUILDING environment is easier in the male.

"Also I a, confused you said that fat does convert into muscle but other researcher Martin said they do.

"

Muscle can not be converted from fat - Martin is incorrect. Two separate materials, with a bunch of completely separate pathways for both the construction and destruction of both.

Femurs are NOT more distanced across the board - generally speaking women have wider hips, OR often a sharper angle from the outside of the hip to the knee. What you are thinking of is called the Q angle. YOu can't hold pelvis angles as the main player, if nothing else, the women MIGHT be at a disadvantage because they would have to contract their adductors(the muscles that scissor - bringing the legs together) over a longer distance, and we know that power is greater when the leverage is greater.

As far as muscular attachments we call these the origin and insertion - generally they are the same as far as an identifyable point, but this should not be considered as a variable to victory because from each and ever person there are significant differences. This is why some people naturally are stronger, some not, same size, training, etc. etc. There is way too much variability.

However if you wanted to generalize, you could say, that assuming no other differences aside from muscular length that a person with attachments farther from the joint that they move WOULD produce greater force. For example say the thigh squeezers, call the adductors(scissor) if they were farther down on the lower leg would produce a greater force that those that were higher up on the lower leg. Farther attachments produce a greater force(leverage, not actual force) but closer attachments can "Swing" a limb faster - again assuming the same training from the muscles.

These answers are true and accurate built from my more than decade of formal education in the science of the human body verified by justanswer.

This is quite the physiology lesson, I really hope you are enjoying learning all this stuff Smile
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist