Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

my credit history is not that great and i want to buy a house

my credit history is not that great and i want to buy a house by year end. is there a source where i can find a realtor who can work for boht repairing the credit as well as help me find the home?
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

When cleaning up your credit history, best to stay clear of credit repair clinics. These companies claim they can fix your credit, qualify you for a loan, or get you a credit card. But you shouldn't have to pay for these services as these companies can legally do only what you can often conduct yourself.

Here is information from the Federal Trade Commission that offers a detailed step-by-step process on how to repair your credit history:

As for dealing with a realtor, search for one in your area that specializes in first time home buyer assistance programs. FHA is one of the better programs and most understanding of “less than perfect credit”, and is likely to be your best bet for purchasing your first home.

As for services that can help you in finding a home loan for purchase of your next house, services like the FHA (Federal Housing Authority) can be of assistance once you wish to start with a realtor: