Sally G.
Sally G., Preschool Assistant Group Supervisor
Experience:  Working with behaviorally challenged SN children, Autism and early education.
3570977
Type Your Question Here...

FOR DAKOTASOUTHFIVE Hello : ) -I have a facebook fan

Customer Question

FOR DAKOTASOUTHFIVE

Hello : )

-I have a facebook fan page of my vacation apartment rental business in New York targeting Brazilian clients (I asked you a question on a different account).
So a opened up a fan page and started inviting friends to like the page. My page will mostly post tips and suggestions about New York, to do marketing in a non forcing way, helping them to gain their trust and then consequently selling to them. I would like to get recommendations from you.
Maybe on how to get more people like my page.

One question Id like to ask you is how can I tag other popular fanpages related to New York or traveling in a way that all their followers will see it and maybe like me also ?
Category: General
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

DakotaSouthFive :

Hello! great Job!

DakotaSouthFive :

In many cases you will ask others to add you to their New York pages , once you are added view it a while before posting so it does not seem you only want advertisement but interact with the group for a while and then you mention by the way I also have FB page on NY and I invite you all to join

DakotaSouthFive :

then you post (copy and paste your FB link) to those groups

DakotaSouthFive :

eventually because they know you and have corresponded with you on their page they are likely to recommend you

DakotaSouthFive :

From there once they have joined you when you post a picture you tag those people in the picture

DakotaSouthFive :

If you come on too strong in the beginning with advertising some groups will let you know and give you the boot so you have to tread lightly at first

DakotaSouthFive :

IF you write a blog about NY then post that blog article on those group pages

DakotaSouthFive :

For instance, I own Newfoundland dogs, I join Newfounland groups I also do therapy dog training so I have a FB page for that, as well as a blog on dog products, training, recalls etc. so I start to post some blog articles

DakotaSouthFive :

if you can post things where there are upcoming events or discounted prices for something that goes over big

DakotaSouthFive :

Is this understandable and making sense?

DakotaSouthFive :

Here's an I love NY FB page I would ask to join this group and those like it then once you have chatted for a while ask the moderator if it is okay for you to share your page on theirs and you will help and share theirs on yours, The more you can give the better you will be received

DakotaSouthFive :

Also did you open a page or a group? A group is easier for people to post on

Customer:

Hi. Thanks for all the helpful tips so far

DakotaSouthFive :

You are welcome

Customer:

I actually opened a page

Customer:

as you recommended

Customer:

cuz it is easier to promote right?

DakotaSouthFive :

okay open a group page also. The normal page will list professional articles you want people to know. then at the top you can PIN a post and put your group page as a pinned post so it remains at the top all the time

Customer:

okay, what would be the purpose of the group?

Customer:

as far as promoting my services

DakotaSouthFive :

In many instances a group is more light hearted, people feel better sharing their thoughts and promotions in a group than to take up someones professional page. It is more user friendly where most everything can be discussed where as your page would be more business like

Customer:

to post in a group I need to have a group page?

DakotaSouthFive :

yes, open a group page

Customer:

so let me backtrack to clarify and see if I understood you: a facebook page is for me to write my articles about ny to my followers and a group would be to speak about ny in other groups and that way attract people to my page?

DakotaSouthFive :

yes

Customer:

and how would I redict them to my fanpage?

DakotaSouthFive :

you would pin a post on the top of each page. Like on the group page you would say, Check out my Official FB page with interesting articles here *(then insert your FB page link) and on your professional page you would pin a post that says something like Have some news to share about NY Check out my group page and on the group page run contests like ask for members to post pics of the place the love the best in NY and each week pick a picture and make that the winning picture at the very top of the page.

DakotaSouthFive :

With a new York group; you have many contests you can do to get followers involved, you can run a favorite restaurant contest, best play, most anything to do with new york then as time goes by you will be invited to join other new york groups via word of mouth and then you will invite them to join your page

DakotaSouthFive :

It does take a while. I started a therapy dog chat group last year and now I have about 120 followers so it does grow

DakotaSouthFive :

I don't know these people but they want to know about therapy dog work so they join my group

DakotaSouthFive :

People that want to know about what your specialty is will then join your group

DakotaSouthFive :

When you say tag other fanpages related to NY, you can copy and paste their group to your page or like their page and it will show up on your page

DakotaSouthFive :

What do you call your page?

Customer:

facebook.com/behomeapartamentos

DakotaSouthFive :

okay, so then when you sign into your page, say you like a resturant that has their own page, you click like from that page, if there is a group page you ask to join. But do it from your page not your personal name page (if you have one) because you want their ads to show up on your page and then they can like your page and your ads will show up on their pages

Customer:

I read this online:
Tagging other Fan Pagestagging fan page

It's pretty easy to create some cross-traffic by linking to a popular fan page that receives a high amount of traffic. If fans of that site see your post, they may visit your page to see what you are all about.

Customer:

Do you know what they meant by tagging other fan pages and also linking to a popular fan page?
Is it just liking the page?

DakotaSouthFive :

You see where it says "if fans of that see your post" that's what you want to do, post as your page administrator , then that page will see your post and it will link back to your page for those interested

DakotaSouthFive :

So I run a professional Animal response Page, and I have a group page for it as well. I want my links to be seen by local fire , police, EMA and FEMA so I like their pages and I post pertinent information on their pages this give others a way to view what my page is about

DakotaSouthFive :

But I would not post animals for adoption that would go on a group page

Customer:

I get it, but how will that page see me?
Is it like with my personal page that I tag someone by writing their name in a post, like: XXXXX XXXXX Brown, did you see that show?" and then that will be posted on his page?

DakotaSouthFive :

Because you would have posted as an administrator on their page,you would have pressed like on their page , they would see then then check out your page as well. Whenever you post for business always post as the admin of your page so that you personal page/name is XXXXX XXXXX but you professional page name is showing

DakotaSouthFive :

Yes when you tag a name if they are a friend of yours they will be notified that you tagged them in a posting

DakotaSouthFive :

if you tag a picture they will be notified you tagged them in a picture

DakotaSouthFive :

So if you remember to switch over from your personal name to your page name that is what people will see

Customer:

I tried liking a page from my fan page and it went as I was liking it from my personal page

DakotaSouthFive :

Up at the top of your page you will see a crank, click on it and it will ask if you want to post as your personal name or the page name you are admin of

Customer:

got it!

Customer:

perfect! Thanks

So to finish up... To attract followers from a diff well known fan page. Besides liking them, is there another way?

DakotaSouthFive :

The only way is to get their attention, let them become familiar with you then you can start sneaking in suggestions or invite them to view your page. Then they tell their friends or their friends see your posts on their wall and they like it they go to your page hit like or ask to join

DakotaSouthFive :

Basically there are a lot of privacy issues so you don't want to come on too strong to begin with

DakotaSouthFive :

and be patient of course

DakotaSouthFive :

After a while you will see (if you don't see it now) on the right side it say invite friends then you click on that. And you may not know the people is says to invite but that is because someone liked your page so FB will begin to link you to their friends as you may have them in common

DakotaSouthFive :

Is there anything else I can do for you tonight?

Customer:

yes, please..
You see this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Favela/180143442021962
Over there I can click on the likes and get a lisy of all the people who like that page.
But if I go to other pages like this one: https://www.facebook.com/revistaturismo and I click on the likes it would give me that list
Do you know why?
Thanks

DakotaSouthFive :

Becasue somehow they are affiliated with those links meaning they liked them or FB is trying to pick out your interests

DakotaSouthFive :

When I clicked on the second page I saw a place to invite my friends to join but I know those people are not engaged in either site, so if I liked that page I could then suggest it to my friend

Customer:

but the intention is to suggest your page to the pages friend

Customer:

right?

Customer:

that is why I was trying to figure out how to access their friends just like I can on the first page

DakotaSouthFive :

their intention is for me to suggest their page to my friends, if I click on like, then soon their posts would show on my page

Customer:

I see..
So there is no way to access their friends info like on the other page?

DakotaSouthFive :

Not without getting yourself known first in a group and then befriending people in that group again privacy laws and settings.

Customer:

i see!!!

Well, thanks a lot for your help tonight : )))

Experience: Working with behaviorally challenged SN children, Autism and early education.