Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney, Realtor, 26 years landlord
19958803
Type Your Question Here...

This question is for the real estate expert. We are going to

This question is for the real estate expert. We are going to be purchasing a townhome in Lakewood Ranch, FL. The asking price is $99,000. What would be a reasonable offer that the seller would accept?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Have you checked the local property appraiser records to see what similar units have recently sold for?
.
Is there anything odd with the sale, like a foreclosure, short sale, divorce, etc.?
.
How long has the property been on the market?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's been on the market for 2 weeks.. Nothing odd with sale.
Ok, I would suggest contacting the local assessor's office here and doing a search for the property to see what it is assessed for. Then I would look up the surrounding properties to see what they are assessed for.
.
Link: http://www.manateepao.com/Search/GenericSearch.aspx?mode=owner
.
You can click the link and then plug in addresses to see what they are assessed for.
.
Assuming that the property was listed by a realtor, they will typically expect an offer anywhere from 5-10% lower than asking price and try to settle somewhere between 3-5% lower than asking price as the final sales price.
.
This is assuming that the property appraises for close to asking price.
.
So if it were me, I would start out about 10% lower and see what they countered at.
.
As an aside, I have also been a Realtor for over 13 years...
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.