Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

This is a question related to internet providers. I would

This is a question related to internet providers.
I would like to get internet for my home and I cant afford much. I thought about buying a Clear device and then using their service for one one month and then returning the device and canceling the service.
Where czn I get the Clear device and return it? What competitor do they have that is cheaper?
is there another cheap way to have internet for a month?

Also if you go here you will find out the clearview devices in your area. If you purchased a Verizon prepaid phone with interenet . That might be your best bet. Where you can get a phone or tablet and pay as you need to. It runs about $50-$80 a month.

If you go to Verizon wireless and click on their prepaid, pay as you go plan. Make sure you check off pay as you go only.

The Clear device is sold by Best Buy Mobile and is quite pricey. The Best Buy Stores carry them. The big problem is you only have 15 days to return the product if you do not like it. You may want to go with something like Vigirn Mobile that plugs into the computer. You can get time by the day for $5.00, by the month for $35.00 or $55.00. There are no contracts and the unit to receive the broadband they have various units, but ths one on sale is $41.00:

TMobile, AT&T, Sprint as well as several other also have mobile hotspots. Some require a contract and others do not.

Walmart even has their own Go Mobile Hotspot which works allows you to buy the time needed:

My suggestion is to go to Best Buy and see what they have to offer vs Walmart who is usually cheaper and see which mobile broadband will work for you the best. Please let me know if you need further help. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Thabks both of you for the answers!

Joan, you said the clear devices are for sale at bestbuy, however I didnt find it. Could you provide me with a link for that please?

I Think I want to go with clear. I just want to find plwces where I can return the device after I use it.

Do you know if radio shack or costco carry them?

Also, could you also answer my questionabiout towels and bedsheets?

I used the locator and put my zipcode in to see what stores in my area carry them. I am in Florida, so we have a lot of electronics stores available:

Best Buy and Tiger Direct were the two stores that came up in my area that carries The If you do not have a Best Buy in your area or cannot find a store in your area, you can choose Best Buy online and try to order through their on line service.I did not see it being carried by Costco or radio shack. does offer online ordering directly from their site: if that would be easier. Personally I like to go in and see what I am buying and get instructions on set up and ask questions. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks a lot for the info Joan.

just to fisnish up and rate you Id like to ask you one more thing: do you know if clear has a return policy in case I don't like the service?

From what I have read they have a 15 day guarantee (not very long in my opinion). You can call the 800 number they have listed on their website to check on return policies: 877-499-6681. I would use a Credit Card to purchase it. That will give you an option to dispute the charges if there is a problem with the unit or services. I hope it offers what you need. Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.