Marcy
Marcy, B.A., M.S., J.D.
Experience:  Researcher, Lawyer, Home Remodel Business, Real Estate, Cook
20355756
Type Your Question Here...

I have been invited to a Without Prejudice meeting before a

I have been invited to a Without Prejudice meeting before a County Court trial, what does this mean?

Hello there --

-

"Without prejudice" means that you do not have to come to any agreements at the meeting and whatever is discussed at the meeting will not be held against you if there are any legal matters pending against you. If nothing is resolved, then the topic / contents of the meeting will go no further than that and cannot be used in court. It is much like a settlement conference -- the parties can discuss all matters freely without fear of anything that is said being used against them later.

-

I hope that helps.

-

MARY

-

Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time. I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating below. Pressing the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

-