Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

I am looking to buy a property vacation home within the country.

I am looking to buy a property vacation home within the country. Something that is going to be within 200k range in a good neighborhood. I currently live in manhattan and dont want to buy a property here. Which states are desirable for this criteria that would be good for a vacation home in that range?
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

With the economy improving as well as banks getting better in loaning money for purchases, the time is good right now for an investment in a property vacation home.

I have spent the morning researching various reports on places where you could look in purchasing a vacation home for enjoyment as well as a personal investment.

1. MarketWatch from the Wall Street Journal just released a report last month on their top 10 picks. Research came from census bureau as well as popular searched places from the last year. Some median prices are a bit higher than your range but there are some within this as well:

2. Listed are getaway cabins under 200K from MSN real estate:

3. Here are some suggestions from Mortgage Capital Associates on places that are in good communities within your price range: