Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Can you give me an estimate on how much it will cost me to move my condo from Stockton to

Can you give me an estimate on how much it will cost me to move my condo from Stockton to Discovery Bay CA using professional movers? The condo is 1160sf. I have a grandfather clock, and two 10ft curio cabinets full of crystal glassware? There are also 2 bed 2bath with a large walk in closet and three other closets full of clothes. I also would love to know how much it maybe to have two ceiling fans, 1 very large crystal chandelier, 3 small chandeliers moved. A refrigerator, couch love seat, desk

Hi Tami and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Since the distance of the move itself is very short, my suggestion to you would be to call some of the major moving companies in your area, ask to have someone come out to see your place and your items in person, and then you will receive an estimate.

Because you have several large pieces and delicate pieces, it might cost more than the 'average' move; also, if you now have stairs or there are stairs (inside and/or outside) at your new place, this will add to the price. Unfortunately, it would not be possible for anyone but a moving company appraiser to give you an accurate estimate after surveying the contents of your condo in person.

Below are the names of some major licensed and insured moving companies that service your area. You always want to be sure that they are licensed, bonded and insured. Always read any documents before you sign (for example, the estimate), make sure there are no lines that are left blank, to be filled in later, and keep in mind that the estimate is just that, but your total cost at the end of the move shouldn't vary by very much. (I have personally used them for long distance and local moving and was very satisfied)

Atlas Van Lines also has a great reputation:

There are also local movers who have good reputations, but make sure they have marked vans and are licensed and insured.

You can also check for any complaints against certain companies online and check for any complaints and their rating with the Better Business Bureau at:

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a positive rating and positive feedback on the survey would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!

Warmest regards,