Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Type Your Question Here...

FOR MichaelHannigan. Please I need a cheap place to crash

Customer Question

Please I need a cheap place to crash (maybe a motel) in the suburbs of New zyork or Connecticut or Jersey. Anywhere where it is really cheap and easy to get to from Manhattan either taking the bus or a train. Can someone help me? Thankd
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

How cheap do you consider "cheap?" Even the most modest motels are in the $65+ range per day.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay.. As cheap as possible.e 65 dollars. It is just important to me that it is easy to get there from New York by train or subway, that there is a microwave and a mini fridge, breakfast and air conditioner. A full/queen bed too. By the way it would be for myself and my girlfriend : )

Thanks a lot

I'm so sorry but am going to have to opt out. I've looked and found nothing in your price range with the amenities you want near public transportation.

Good luck with your stay.

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well. I understand you couldn't find it before, but so I can rate you positively would you find good deals such as described above even if the prices are a little higher for future trips? Thx

Expert:  pdheslin replied 1 year ago.
I hope you were able to view my response to your other post with the same question. If you see that response, I gave you a link to a great resource that you may also want to use as a provider as well.

The resource is called Air bnb and though some are actually bread and breakfasts, there is a wide range of rooms available to meet your stated needs :)
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Sorry! I had not seen your question for me for some reason. If you want to contact me directly in the future, if you go here:
http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=23511658&FID=12299

That way I will be notified. I know that you come here looking for information that you haven't already thought of, so I'm trying to be a little creative. I'm not sure if this appeals to you - it would be weird for me - on the other hand, it's probably something my neice would LOVE.
Couchsurfing
On the "Cheap-meter", from 1-10, it's an 11. It has 3700 members and it's an active community that has social meetings as well.

AirBnB.com is similar, and doing things that way will run about $40 a night on average. Cheap? That's $1200/month, which I suppose for anything near manhattan is inexpensive. It's less than I paid for my 1 bedroom on W45th street 10 years ago, but I still have a hard time calling $1200 "cheap".

And here's a place that you can sometimes get a deal, but not always. Worth checking, though.
Quickbook

And finally, this site allows you to actually rent other people apartments. And that can be nice if you'll be there for a while. There's more privacy, you can cook your own food, etc. These change constantly, but as I look at the page, there is one in New York for $60/night. And unlike with hotels, that's the final price, so it's a lot cheaper in the long run.
Guesthouse Network

I hope this helps!

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.