Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

Im trying to find the EXACT DATE

I'm trying to find the EXACT DATE when Albert Einstein published his theory of relativity and when his famous equation e=mc2 was published, and also a short summary (a couple sentences) of the importance of these two items. ***NOTE***: I have researched all the obvious sources like, wikipedia,, and every common online source. The problem is there are many conflicting dates out there. ------ What I want from you is DEFINITIVE, AUTHORITATIVE 100% certainty of the exact date of when he published these two things -- and also a couple lines summarizing the important of these two items (such as, "it was a pillar of modern physics.") Nothing too in-depth, just a precise summary & dates. Thank you.

Went ahead and researched from very authoritative sites that you should also be able to find information to summarize each topic.
From the official website of the Nobel Prize:
1916 he published his paper on the general theory of relativity.
From the encyclopedia Britannica website:
On Sept. 27, 1905, Albert Einstein‘s paper “Does the Inertia of a Body Depend Upon Its Energy Content?” was published. It was the last of four papers he submitted that year to the journal Annalen der Physik. The first explained the photoelectric effect, the second offered experimental proof of the existence of atoms, and the third introduced the theory of special relativity. The last and final paper of the series introduced m = E/c2, which was later streamlined to its now instantly recognizable form.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ehhh a bit disappointed that you're making me work. If u want to try again and give me what I asked for, that would be nice.
For exact years of publication:
1905 for E=MC2
Einstein's theory of relativity is famous, but it's little understood. Basically, the theory of relativity refers to two different elements of the same theory: general relativity and special relativity.
Einstein's theory of special relativity is defined as localized behavior of objects in inertial frames of reference, generally only relevant at speeds very near the speed of light.
Einstein's theory of general relativity can be defined as the more comprehensive theory, which treats gravity as a geometric phenomenon of a curved coordinate system, which also includes noninertial (i.e. accelerating) frames of reference.
E=mc2 is Einstein's famous equation about the speed of light. Einstein's E=mc2, which says that mass and energy are the same thing, and you can convert from one to the other using a constant, "c2", a number whose value is equal to the square of the speed of light. Einstein's formulation of what became known as special relativity tore apart the classical view of the clockwork universe that Newton and his colleagues had developed in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Appreciate your effort but you are ignoring my request. I asked for the exact date, not just the year, and a short 1-2 sentence summary of the significance of each item. If u can't do this, I understand, no hard feelings.
The exact date is something that I have not been able to locate from reliable sources. The ones you listed earlier are not ones to use as their fact finding can be off. Especially if you are writing a paper and your references are not one a teacher will find as factually correct.
As for e=mc2, closest I have come across is mentioned here by a book review that lists printing in Sept 1905:
As for theory of relativity, December of 2016 is about as close as I can confirm:
Already gave you a good overview of what each theory is about so hope you can use each.
I will opted out so another expert can offer additional help as needed.
Librarian Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Too bad - I wanted to give you a positive rating for your efforts.
Let's hope another expert can assist you with your request. Again, from all of my research it seems that there is not an exact date of publication.
Good luck with your assignment.
Librarian Michael