A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I dont have a smartcard. I from out of town. How can I pay

I don't have a smartcard. I from out of town. How can I pay for parking at the Van Dorn St sta without one

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

However, the Van Dorn Street Station accepts only SmarTrip® cards as payment for all-day parking. There are metered spaces that accept coins and dollar bills, but the all day parking may only be paid for with a SmarTrip® card.

If you travel to Alexandria and use this station, it is worth it to purchase a card since it saves money on every trip on the Metro. Here is the site: or you can purchase a card at any Metro station.

I'm sure that isn't what you want to hear, but the all-day parking site accepts SmarTrip® as the only form of payment.

All the best,