Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

locksmith for safe lock box simple 3 key number locks. locked

locksmith for safe lock box simple 3 key number locks.
locked -out!
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Josie,

I am still trying to get into this little lockbox. It has 3 wheels with numbers 0 to 9, then back to 0.

The box was my fathers and has been sitting in my safe ever since he died, about 20 yrs. ago. The box is 11-3/4 inches long, 5-1/2 inches wide and 3-1/2 inches high. It has Coordinated Capital written on the right hand side with a handle also on that side. The address is 44 South 7th Street Suite 1404 Minneapolis, Minn. 55402 Ph # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN I tried calling the number, it rings but then goes dead.

I am not surprised as my Dad had this box every since I was a little boy, and now I am 67 yrs old. This box sat in my safe for the past 37 yrs with the box never locked. The 3 tumblers were set to OOO.

I never changed it. It was always open. He used to keep his important insurance papers and stull like that in it when I was young. When he died I put some of his stuff in there. Old coins, knives he collected, Old money from WW2, some medals, etc.

Well I got it out to look at it again and put a Bronze Star that I had misplaced into the box (AND I THINK ALL MY KEYS TO HOUSE, ETC.)

I went to open it and it was locked. Don't know how!

Went to 000 and it wouldn't open. Tried fooling with the 3 wheels to try and luck up on opening it. Well NO LUCK! I have tried for 4 weeks, several hrs a day,

I have opened many locked brief cases by fumbuling the numbers and usually do it within a few minutes.

NOT THIS BOX. I thought about forceing it open and discovered that not ever having really looked at this box closely, I found out it is not a piece of junk. This thing is built laike a tank! Thick steel! Solid as a rock, diffenately not a piece of junk. Well considering it must be a least 70 yrs old they made things pretty good back then, It has a place where it was made stamped into the metal. DURHAM MFG CO. - DURHAM, CONN. I hate to destroy something that is made so well and considering my Dad, he didn't have anything but the best. By the way today is Father's Day. Someone told me it is a Lock Box! Well no S---! I have a lock box at the bank and the lock box that goes into the bank safe is a piece of junk compared to this box.

WHYCAN'T I GET THS THING OPEN? WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST I DO?

Thank you for bearing out hearing all this.

Hope someone can help me.

Gary (MGM)

PS why doesn't the toolbar above your reply space have a spell checker? It has everything else! Forgive my spelling!

Gary

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gary and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to try to help you today.

Since you couldn't reach Coordinated Capital (from my research, they are no longer in business), perhaps you can try to contact Durham Manufacturing Co. in Connecticut and they will be able to help you with your dad's lockbox. Here is their contact information:

201 Main Street
Durham, CT 06422

Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN|(NNN) NNN-NNNNFax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN|(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
Email:
info@durhammfg.com

These are instructions for opening a briefcase if you don't have the combination, but they also have 'three wheel' combos, so hopefully, this will be helpful to you in trying to open the lockbox: http://www.ehow.com/how_7535532_open-briefcase-locks-code.html

I wish you much good luck with your dad's lockbox and hope you can get it open. As a last resort, try a local licensed locksmith/safe technician and tell them you do not want to drill it open. This company has offices nationwide, so maybe they have one in your area: http://www.clearstar.com/

If you need additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a positive rating and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!

Warmest regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist