Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

We have phone technology, that is good. You answered a question

We have phone technology, that is good. You answered a question about answering machine use so answering machines are helpful. Are some more acceptable than others, for instance with a prerecorded message as an alternative to your own voice recording? I kind of wondered about that, what

do you say? Thanks for that answer.

Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We, in every sense of that word, we, really have phone

technology so is the personal greeting better than the

prerecorded machine greeting or are they about the

same? Thank you.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

In my opinion, pre-recorded messages and personal messages can both be useful depending on the purpose.

For business purposes, a pre-recorded, professional message requesting the caller's name, phone number and a brief message is perfectly fine.

For a home phone, a personal message is more 'friendly' and well, 'personal'; callers often like to hear the voice of the person they're calling, to be sure they have reached the right party and also, it is a warm, familiar voice.

Another alternative is to use a comical or 'themed' pre-recorded message on your home phone, which you think your callers will enjoy. It's a very personal decision on your part, based upon who calls you most often, at home and at the office.

I, personally, have my own voice recorded on my home and cell phone messages.

If you need additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. If my response has satisfied all your concerns, a positive rating and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!
Warmest regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your positive rating; it is truly appreciated.

It was my pleasure to be of help!

Please don't hesitate to request me in the future, by beginning your post with "For Cher" and I will be happy to assist you again. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher

(this is being sent as a 'request for information', but no additional information is required; it is simply a

'thank you'! : ) )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, all that information is good to know!

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome; it's my pleasure to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher