Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

If I buy a train ticket online (i.e. a UK train ticket) several

If I buy a train ticket online (i.e. a UK train ticket) several days in advance of travel, does the train ticket get sent to me in the post or does the A4 piece of paper that I print off at home act as my ticket?
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

I have spent the evening looking at the various UK train sites online and the option of printing at home is as popular as ever.

It does not seem that you will receive a paper ticket in the mail as companies today want you to print at home as they can save on postage.

The first email after making payment for your advanced ticket will be your booking confirmation. This will not be your exact ticket but you can bring it along on your trip. The second email you receive will be your ticket to be printed on A4 paper.

Hoping you have a good trip.

Librarian Michael