Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Hello,My ex-girlfriend used to have 2 recurring nightmares:-

My ex-girlfriend used to have 2 recurring nightmares:
- Black spiders all over her body - she would wake up
- "there is someone under the bed", an unknown man - she would wake up so scared

What do they mean?

Thank you,
Mik
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'd like an answer and wish to wait. Why does it take so long?

Thanks,

Mik

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you.

Response time may vary due to several factors, including the volume
of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and
other factors.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mik, and welcome back to Just Answer.

I would like to help you with your question, but have a couple of questions, first:

You mentioned that your girlfriend 'used' to have these recurring nightmares. How long ago, for what length of time and they have now stopped?

In real life, does she have a fear of spiders?

Because you put "there is someone under the bed" in quotations, did someone say this, or that is just the theme of the dream?

Thanks for all your additional detail and after you reply, please allow me a short while to compose, type and send your answer. Thank you!

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Mik.

I noticed that you're offline and therefore, I will send you an answer now, and if you have any additional questions, just reply back. Thanks!

Spiders in dreams are often viewed as negative symbols because they are seen by so many people as frightening and often represent a controlling force. If your ex-girlfriend has a fear of spiders or other 'creepy crawlies' and insects in her waking life, this could be a 'spillover' into her sleeping/dreaming life. Many times, dreams about spiders can symbolize something about women in general or about a specific controlling woman in her life, like a very strict mother who didn't show much emotion toward her daughter.

Spiders may also symbolize an undesirable or even evil male force; this could be a representation of an overbearing father, lover or boss. If the person dreaming this is in an unsettling position with a job or relationship, they would need to think about if the other person is truly who they represent themselves to be. It could be a warning to the dreamer to listen to their own feelings and instincts.

Someone hiding under the bed, usually a man, is a very common dream/nightmare. This can symbolize that someone in her life was being untruthful and/or she was afraid of the unknown.

If you need additional information or clarification, simply reply back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you would like to request me to answer any future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!

Best regards,
Cher

Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Cher,

At the time, my ex-girlfriend, 20, was trying to pass some very selective exams to become a professional violinist in Paris.

- The spiders could be linked to her violin teacher that used to be ultra-tough on her, or eventually her father. She feared feedback and judgement from both.

- The fear of the unknown could be a reason for the second nightmare has she could not predict if you would succeed or not.

She eventually did a good exam, did not get her 1st choice but ended up becoming a professional violinist in another French town: Lyon, 2nd town after Paris

Thank you for your feedback helping me better understand what could have been the reasons for these nightmares that used to wake her up in the middle of the night.

Best Regards,

Mikael