Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I dreamt that we were going to go see a house that we might

I dreamt that we were going to go see a house that we might buy, it's high on a hill and you have to walk up, the path is paved, there's a swimming pool,but it's pnly a water feature, there's no bounderies at the front of the property and it flows into the neighbours property. We enter through huge class sliding doors end there are 3 pools, one heated with clear water, a very small dirty one and a huge cold water pool with clear water but different depths, you have to walk through water to get to the kitchen. On the other side of the pool is very green grass and then suddenly the ocean is against the grass only separated by a break wall, the sea is a very dark blue and although the view and garden is stunning I feel very unsafe because the ocean is this close and I know it's very deep because the house is built on a hill and if you fall in you will drown, there is also plants hanging from a veranda, I never got to see the house.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello Natasha and welcome to Just Answer.

Thank you for your patience, as different experts are online at varying times.

Dreaming about different kinds of water can be interpreted in various ways.

First, let's address the swimming pools. Viewing the 2 clean swimming pools inside the house signifies comfort and the acceptance of a negative or uncertain situation in your life. This is because you have come to terms with these issues and they no longer upset you if/when you have to deal with them or think about them.

The smaller, dirty swimming pool may symbolize your awareness of negative life situations and problems. It may also indicate a desire that you would like to deal with your problems, and 'clean up' your troubling and/or negative situations.

When you dream of an ocean, this can indicate a powerful uncertainty in your life, for example, facing your largest, most confusing challenges and struggles; you are confronted with negative emotions and/or negative situations. Your fear of falling into the ocean, as it is so close to the house and you know it will be deep so you risk drowning, because the house is located high up on a hill, also represents a struggle with uncertainly; it symbolizes that you are struggling with a problem or facing a challenge which is over your head and is causing you to feel overwhelmed at not being able to resolve the issue or issues.

If you have been looking to buy a house, this may enter into it, as it is a big decision and an important one in your life. In any case, you have some uncertainties or challenges that are on your mind, which you need to resolve, and they came through in your dream.

I hope this helped.

If you need additional information or clarification, simply reply back before rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you would like to request me to answer any future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher" and I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On entering the pool area, I did question the small very dirty pool and the owner of the house(an older lady) said the cow enjoys it very much, I was very confused, firstly the pool was to small for a cow to get into and secondly, what is the cow doing between these huge houses on a hill with almost no grass and only paving, and how does it get to the other side of the pools where the only grass is?

What does this mean?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Natasha and thanks for your reply.

The small very dirty pool was enjoyed by the cow as a toilet, that's why it appeared as it did. This could mean you need to clean up your act, concentrate more on what you need to prioritize until you get down to the nitty gritty and clean out everything that is causing a certain negativity or challege in your life.

Having a cow in your dream (even though you never actually saw the cow, but it was referenced by the owner of the house) symbolizes your nature is passive, gentle and calm. It's possible that the older owner lady mentioned the cow, but there really wasn't a cow because of the lack of grass and she just said it to appease you to make an excuse for the for the dirty pool. She was trying to confuse you, knowing you saw no grass for grazing in the area you were walking through and this emphasizes your confusion due to a challenge you're trying to overcome or figure out.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

and the swimming pool in yhe front that is just a water feature?

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Natasha.

My apologies. I had already signed off for the night when you posted your reply.

Yes, the swimming pool in the front is just a water feature, but because it's spilling over onto the neighbor's property (if that is what you meant, the way you wrote it--I wasn't sure if you meant the water from the pool or just the boundaryless property itsefl), it symbolizes your current acceptance of a negative situation in your life as spilling over into other facets of your life, perhaps affecting them; but you have already made peace with this.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist