Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Type Your Question Here...

hi i want to know the closest towns to Downtown Bethesda maryland

hi i want to know the closest towns to Downtown Bethesda maryland 20817.. washington DC keeps popping up when i search! are they that close? if so how close are they? i want the very closest place in other to minimise commuting. please give me a run down. thank youuuuuuuuuuuu
Thank you for your question:

Are you looking for a place to live close to a job in Bethesda? An apartment or a place to purchase a home?

Are you looking for a place that has easy access to Bethesda by public transportation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just have a two months program there for my two kids. it will be on old georgetown road bethesda 20817.. i do not know that area atall and will want the closest place to that location. after two months am out. am looking to rent a fully furnished apartment /condo (moderate pricing)

You may want to contact SuiteAmerica - a company that does extended stay corporate furnished apartments:

ExecuStay is another company

Both of these list locations in Bethesda itself.

I'm not sure how moderate priced these apartments may be since this is in the greater Washington DC area, and as such the rental prices are rather steep in many places.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks alot... but other than that, which other areas are close by? is washington dc really close?

YES - downtown Washington DC is 8.6 miles - however depending on the time of day, this can be a rather frustrating and long commute.

Silver Springs, MD and Chevy Chase, MD are two other local communities.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would you recommened gaithesburg?

That is about 15 miles away. In that direction (but a bit closer) is Rockville, MD