Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Type Your Question Here...

I purchased an OSullivan Computer Work Center desk quite a

I purchased an O'Sullivan Computer Work Center desk quite a number of years ago, I'm sure how many. Anyway, I never put it together up until now, my son wants to put it together. After opening the box and taking everything out, we found that there were NO assembly instructions. I've searched a number of places to no avail. The company went out of now what?! Can you help me, please. Thank you.
HI and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

What is the model of the computer desk you need instructions for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The instructions I need is for an O'Sullivan Computer Work Center Model #10085. I understand O'Sullivan is out of business and I hope you can help me. Thank you.

Hi, I’m Michelle a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still haven't found an answer to my question of how can I find assembly instructions for my O'Sullivan Computer Work Center Model #10085. I purchased it a number of years ago and never put it together until now. There were no instructions with the center and I understand O'Sullivan has gone out of business. Can you please help me?

Thank you we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX continue to wait and hope you can help me.

Hello and thank you for your question!

Even though O'Sullivan Industries has gone out of business, some of its furniture lines are still being produced and sold by other office furniture companies . You can try contacting the following the company still distributing O'Sullivan furniture and see if their customer service people can help you get the assembly instructions:, phone toll-free:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Mon-Thu 8AM - 6PM CST or Friday 9AM - 5PM CST.
They also say they are able to provide a substantial amount of assistance and information via e-mail, and you can contact them [email protected] anytime.

If that doesn’t work, for your situation, you may want to contact a furniture assembly and installation professionals in your area. There is a listing service at or just put the term and the nearest major city in your browser and you will be able to find someone to help you put your work station together.

This should be helpful in getting the instructions. Please rate my response using the star system, and then feel free to ask any more questions to help get the information you need to succeed.

Good customer service is one of my highest priorities! Please use the REPLY tab with any issues that come up regarding the service you have received. Come back soon and remember to ask for Patience P!

Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience: MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the work you've been doing for me. However, I had already contacted and they were not able to help me as they didn't have that piece of furniture in their line.

I have OPTED OUT to encourage other professionals to make suggestions. Basically, though, there are unfortunately no instructions available online or to order.

You can try an assembler, as I mentioned above or you can RELIST your question and ask a Just Answer Home Improvement expert to talk you through putting the work station together. You could also put the desk together using generic instructions from other sources or using logic and trial and error.

You could even go in to Office Depot or a furniture store and ask a knowledgeable professional about options that they know of. Sometimes those old guys know how to "make do" and use tricks of the trade to complete a project.

I think these are pretty much your choices for how to proceed. Good luck, and remember, you will not be charged unless and until you get an answer and you ACCEPT it.

I found that Sauder bought some of the rights for the O'Sullivan furniture and became Sauder O'Sullivan. I gave them a call an they do not have the instructions for your particular model of Computer Desk, but in speaking with them they made some suggestions to help. They have some videos that show how to assemble pieces of the furnuture. The videos may help. They also have a couple of similiar desks that are made the opposite of the piece that you have where the drawers are on the opposite side of the cabinet door on bottom. You may find the instructions would be close enough to get the piece put together. The Representaive from Sauder said that they will try and help you if they can. Their number is: 1-800-523-3987 MON-FRI 9:00AM-5:30PM EST.

Ths is the link to look over some of the assembly videos:

These videos are similiar to what you would need to assemble the computer work station you have. The biggest key that the Sauder representative said would be screw length needed in the various areas to attach the doors, and pieces. This is an idea of one similiar to what you have and the instructions for this one may help you:

I hope this is helpful and you can use the information to piece the desk together with the help of Sauder. Please let me know if this is helpful. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually, I haven't had a chance to look at Sauder's site yet. Furthermore, the computer desk in question is at my son's apartment as he is the one that will be trying to put it together. I have also been researching on my own and hopefully between the two of us, maybe we'll get this problem solved. Thanks again for your continued efforts.

With the links in the Suader Videos, your son can bring them up if he has a computer and the gentleman I spoke to at Sauder said they would try to help if you give them a call. A couple of their pieces look similiar and the side where the drawers and the door on the bottom are on opposite sides of the Desk that you own, it is a mirror image. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, I will pass the information on to my son.

My goal is to supply you with Excellent Service and I hope I have met that goal. I had to do a little tracking and a phone call to Sauder, but it may give you the edge you need to get the Computer Work Center together. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for all of your help!

You are welcome! If you have future problems, you can always ask for me "Joan" in the title of your question. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you have another question? I got a reply with the word no. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no more questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not need any more assistance. Thank you.