Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Id really like to be able to set up a meeting for my

I don't know if this is the right category to ask this question, but I can't seem to find one to fit it. But I'd really like to be able to set up a meeting for my girlfriend and Mason Raymond, an NHL player for the Vancouver Canucks. She's been really down lately and we've been fighting and I want to do something jaw-dropping, but I know she won't come with me to the training meets they have "just in case" she can meet him, so I'd like to be able to get her to meet him one-on-one. I know this is probably impossible, because why would an NHL player meet my girlfriend just because I want him to, but if there's anyway you can help, that would be fantastic!!!

While your request is a bit difficult for any expert on this site to possibly set up a meeting with Canuck Mason Raymond, I can though offer some suggestions for you to use to contact him.

Try contacting his agent who is J.P. Barry and let him politely know about having a quick meet and greet at practice perhaps. Here is the agents contact info:

http://www.nhlpa.com/inside-nhlpa/certified-player-agents/find-an-agent?ln=B

Another way for setting up a meeting would be to contact the Canucks community relations department:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=39618

Would agree with friends that attending practice would be helpful as well as see if team members are having autograph signings in your area in the off season.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So there probably wouldn't be any way to meet him alone for her to meet him?
Cannot say that for certain but would have you at least try to contact the players agent first and then the helpful folks in community services for the team.

Do not give up hope yet as it will take some polite communication from you and careful explanation to have this happen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I'll give that a try and cross my fingers. I guess that's all I can do, that and hope for the best!!
Crossing my fingers as well but think positive and try contacting those names I gave you. A great organization so I believe they may listen to your request.

And hockey players are some of the better athletes to talk with. Very down to earth.

Best of luck!

Librarian Michael