A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I have a landscape question. We are in the process of redoing

I have a landscape question. We are in the process of redoing the landscape in the front of the house. We have removed all the previous rose bushes and other plants. Not sure what they were, were here when we moved in. Have added new topsoil. Currently adding new plants and many bulbs. Have weeded the area and want to know if we can sprinkle "Preen" prior to mulch to prevent weeds. Will the Preen affect the bulbs?

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

The Preen will not affect the bulbs at all. It prevents seeds from sprouting, but doesn't affect bulbs at all. You wouldn't want to use it if you were planting seeds (like marigold, zinnia seed, etc.) in your landscape but it won't affect the plants at all, even small ones. I would sprinkle it over top of the mulch since mulch also sometimes contains weed seeds.

Good luck with your beautiful new landscape.

All the best,

Schuyler