Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
1304720
Type Your Question Here...

If I where to buy gold or silver what would be a reasonable

If I where to buy gold or silver what would be a reasonable % margin to pay?
Here is an excellent review of the issue of premium on physical gold (coin) compared to spot gold prices you will see quoted.
http://www.silvercoinstoday.com/gold-and-silver-premium-analysis-a-hard-look/102171/

If you are considering gold as an investment, you may want to consider an ETF such as the GLD rather than physical gold due to the issue with premium, storage, security etc.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for the question - what type of gold are you buying? bars? coins? scrap?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was thinking about buying some larger 1oz and smaller 1/10oz coins

Thank you:

The link that I provided regarding the premium on coins would be a good guide to what you might expect.

You should do some shopping around since everything is negotiable. This premium generally would be lower in cases of larger purchases, and you really should not feel ashamed of asking for a lower premium. If you aren't happy with the response, you need to look elsewhere. Dealers are selling the same product, so they have to take price competition seriously.
Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience: Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.