zdnlaw
zdnlaw,
Type Your Question Here...

How can I determine pricing for dues for a membership site

Customer Question

How can I determine pricing for dues for a membership site (Like a trade association/mutual aid society/business co-operative)? Those who join will be owners of small business, corporate executives, and members of various professions (Engineers, Physicians, Accountants, lawyers, etc.). Objectives of the Membership Entity(ies) would be to promote American manufacturing; offer Members access to a full line of resources; and lobby government at all levels to operate according to the Constitution/Bill of Rights, in the General Interest of the Citizens at home, and Strictly in the Sovereign National Interest of the U.S. internationally.
Category: General
Expert:  zdnlaw replied 1 year ago.

There are not any laws which control how you set pricing for membership on a website you are creating.

However, if you look at other subscription based website services, the price for membership depends on the type of services that you will be offering your members. For instance, do the members get listed on the website and get to advertise? Do you do anything collectively to promote the general interests of everyone?

You will need to set the price at an amount that will generate revenue for you and allow you to act in a way that benefits the members.

What price this is, is completely in your hands.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was not looking for legal advice. You're not telling me anything I didn't already know. It was obvious to me I can charge whatever I want. I was looking for someone who could give me advice on pricing. The guy that responded initially said he had 23 years experience at Ford with a background in the "membership/association" field. At least that's what I thought. I can't find any record of that reply, which prompted me to go ahead. Was that you? I'm confused about the chain of relevance here. Did I get switched?

Expert:  zdnlaw replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You were somehow switched over the the legal section.

I'll send your question back to the automotive section.

-ZDN