A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

Are there any homeless shelters that have 4 stars with Charity

Are there any homeless shelters that have 4 stars with Charity Navigator and are also vouched for by The Better Business Bureau and that also have a grade of B+ or higher with The American Institute of Philanthropy? If so, I would really appreciate very much if you can list as many as you can with their websites. Thank you.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

The new name for the American Institute of Philanthropy is "Charity Watch." They have a short list of national shelter programs with a high rating (B or above). Here is the list.

HOMELESSNESS & HOUSINGGRADE
Bowery Residents' CommitteeB+
Center for Community ChangeA-
Coalition for the HomelessA
Habitat for Humanity International - N.O.B+
National Alliance to End HomelessnessA+

Note that they do not endorse individual shelters in each city or town, but only umbrella organizations.

Charity Navigator has a list of 66 homeless shelters across the country that have a 4-star rating. Here is the list: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?FromRec=1&bay=search.results&cgid=6&cuid=28&sortby=rtg

The BBB doesn't have national lists of homeless shelters to check out. They work in the opposite direction: you enter the name of a charity and they will tell you if they have information on it or not. There is more information here: http://www.bbb.org/

Please let me know if you have questions.

All the best,

Schuyler

Please note that the rating is solely for my service in searching for an answer to your question. It does not have anything to do with what information companies and businesses make available online, since I have no control over that.