A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I need help finding where someone was buried. I dont want

I need help finding where someone was buried. I don't want instructions, I'd like someone who has the means to look something like this up. If you don't or are not willing to try, please do not respond. Thanks
Category: General
Expert:  Marcy replied 1 year ago.

Hello there

-

Other than internet research and lookup services, Just Answer professionals do not use other sources or physically visit libraries or even cemeteries to research a question like this one. There are several websites where you can look up a cemetery in each state and in many instances there are pretty good online records for each cemetery regarding who is buried in which grave -- particularly if you are seeking information for about the past 50 years. Other than this suggestion, we do not have any pros who work for cemeteries at Just Answer and even if we did, that pros knowledge would most likely be limited to the cemetery they worked at and perhaps surrounding cemeteries. Here is a link to one such website and if you perform an online search you will find others (and there are some websites that you can find online in other parts of the world such as Ireland and England as well if you perform an online search). http://www.namesinstone.com/CemeteryList.aspx Other than directing you to these websites, if you were envisioning someone searching all of these websites or physically researching things locally at cemeteries and in archives, then that is simply beyond the scope of what we do here at Just Answer and most likely is the reason why it took so long for someone to answer your question. I answered this to try to give you some direction on this matter and to let you know what our limitations are here at Just Answer so that you will not have to continue hanging and waiting for an answer to your question.

-

M

Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below so I will be paid for my time. I am paid NOTHING unless you press a positive rating below. Pressing the 3rd, 4th or 5th smile face below will NOT cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as a trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its not an old death, probably in the past 10 yrs. I would think that you wouldn't necessarily have to contact cemeteries but search for deaths in that state. I clearly stated that if you couldn't or wouldn't do it, that you not respond. Wondering why you would think that I would think that you guys work for cemeteries? I don't want to assume you are being sarcastic to a customer..I would hope not.I'm not stupid. I know they don't work in cemeteries but many people have access to files that would allow them to look up birth and death records, which is why I originally posted this in legal.

Please opt out so I can see if anyone else has the ability to do a death search in Nevada for a John Hearne. If I'm able to find out what city his death was recorded in, I might be able to find out where he was buried. I don't expect someone to spend hours upon hours on this, either they have the means to look it up or they don't.

Expert:  Marcy replied 1 year ago.

Nickee --

-

I did not mean to sound sarcastic -- I simply told you the truth. Your question had already sat on the open board for more than 6 hours and more than 15 attorneys looked at it and passed it over. I stepped in to explain to you why that was happening and that you are more than likely going to have difficulties finding a pro here to do more than what I did -- directed you to some sources where you can look up the names of persons buried in various cemeteries across the US (I have actually found a number of my own relatives listed in cemeteries on such websites). I was simply trying to be helpful because you had waited so long for an answer. That is all.

-

I have opted out of the question and put it back on the board to see if anyone else can assist you but you may be waiting a while.

-

M

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

Nevada does not release death records to the public. All vital records are considered confidential information. You can apply through their site for a death record: http://health.nv.gov/vs.htm. These usually include intended burial information. Here is a copy of the form you will need to fill in and return to them with payment: http://health.nv.gov/PDFs/FP_Forms/2010-12/deathcertapp.pdf

The only online record of a burial of a John Hearne at any time in Nevada is for Isaac John Hearne b 16 Dec 1891 d 27 Dec 1961, buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in Las Vegas. Obviously, he cannot be the one you want, since he didn't die in the past 10 years. There is also no Social Security Death listing for him in the past 20 years, and no online obituary. He is not listed in findagrave.

As a genealogist, I have access to anything that is online, and have looked into all online sources, but there is nothing online about a John Hearne who died in Nevada within the last 10 years (or the last 20 years). If there were information I would be pleased to share it with you.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I was asking. I appreciate it.

Is it possible for you to check Utah (Iron or farmington) as my mother says his last address was there and they think he may have died at home.

Sorry, but there is no record online of a John Hearne who died in Utah within the past 20 years and no burial record. Utah doesn't make death records available to the public until 50 years after the event occurred. You can contact them and order a record directly from them though: https://silver.health.utah.gov/deathinfo.html

He was not in the Social Security Death Index for Utah, and I didn't find an obituary for him.

Best regards,

Schuyler

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research