Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

How Can I Insert My Maiden Name, My Old Class Mates Are Not

Customer Question

How Can I Insert My Maiden Name, My Old Class Mates Are Not Recognizing Me.
Submitted: 1 year ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.

MichaelHannigan :

Hello. My name is Michael.

MichaelHannigan :

I can help you with this.

MichaelHannigan :

I keep in touch with my old classmates and have for many years.

MichaelHannigan :

There is a service that is integrated into facebook that makes it very easy.

MichaelHannigan :

It's called "Classmates"

MichaelHannigan :

It's free to register.

MichaelHannigan :

You can also go there directly on facebook

Customer: Michael you did not answer my question. How can I insert my maiden name into my Facebook profile page? Also classmates is not a free service!!!!
MichaelHannigan :

Classmates on Facebook

MichaelHannigan :

Classmates is a free service.

MichaelHannigan :

one moment

MichaelHannigan :

To add the name

MichaelHannigan :

You can go into account settings

MichaelHannigan :

Click general on the left column

MichaelHannigan :

Find name and click "edit"

MichaelHannigan :

Then you can enter your maiden name there. You MUST click "Include this on my timeline" in order to make it searchable.

Customer: I was talking about regular classmates, because I had joined and they tried to charge me $35 per month. Anyway I would appreciate it very much if you could please answer my initial question. Thank you!!!!
MichaelHannigan :

I am answering your original question. I was trying to help you, but I will answer only your question if that's what you want.

MichaelHannigan :

The directions above will allow you to add it as an "alternate name"

MichaelHannigan :

Here is the facebook page with instructions on adding a maiden name: How to add an alternate/maiden name to facebook

MichaelHannigan :

Full Size Image

MichaelHannigan :

The important part of the process is to "add this on my timeline"

MichaelHannigan :

I've found staying in touch with my classmates to be extremely rewarding, so I can understand your wanting to.

MichaelHannigan :

I never really considered the difficulty a married woman might have doing that.

Customer: Thank you Michael for your help. Please have a nice day.
MichaelHannigan :

You, too.

MichaelHannigan :

Thank you.

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael I am sorry to bother you again but am I allowed to go back and recontact some of my old friends that did not recognize me the first time with my married name?
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Oh, yes, Lavonne. You should be able to send another friend request. If they simply haven't acted on the friend request and it is still open it might be best to cancel it and send a new one so it is brought to their arrention again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Mike, this makes my day!!!! Have a great summer!!!!!!!!
You, too! Thank you, Lavonne! Good luck finding the classmates!

I'm courious and it's none of my business, but what year did you graduate? (you may decline and tell me to MYOB).