Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I bought one of your $755.00 leather shoulder bags in January.

I bought one of your $755.00 leather shoulder bags in January. The Magnetic clasp has come off. I want it fixed. Do you provide that service ? I bought this from the Michael Kors Company and I want to know if they will fix this problem.

Hello, Gail and welcome to Just Answer.

We are a global paid information and advice site, and not Michael Kors. If your question was meant for the manufacturer, please do not rate negatively because you reached Just Answer instead.

I'm sorry to hear about your broken clasp on such an expensive and beautiful bag.

Here is information about Michael Kors warranty and repairs:

MICHAEL KORS Collection Handbags Handbags are protected from the date of purchase by a one-year limited warranty (proof of purchase required). If the handbag proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use anytime within the first year, we will repair the item free of charge. Conditions and Exclusions: The warranty does not cover damages arising from accidents or misuse, or from any alteration, service or repair performed by any other party other than Michael Kors.

Contact 1-866-709-KORS or [email protected] for additional information about your particular problem with the broken clasp.

I hope this information was helpful. If so, please take a moment to provide Positive Feedback/Rating (smiley face). If not, please click 'Reply' and let me know how I can help you further. Thank you!

Important: Please do not rate 'poor service' or 'bad service', but click 'REPLY' first, to let me know how I can provide additional assistance. Thank you!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You toldme what I neededbut I have tried every day to get through to customer service at the phone # XXXXX gave me. No one will answer and no one will call me back. Oh well, my problem.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hello again, Gail and you're most welcome.

Your positive rating and most generous bonus are greatly appreciated!

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting through to the customer service phone number. I found this additional number for you: 1-800-908-1157 but I think it only applies to items bought online. In any case, you will get to speak to someone about your broken clasp and hopefully, they will refer you to the proper department. They also have a customer service email form to fill out:

http://www.michaelkors.com/store/service/contactus.jhtml

They also have a live, online chat:

https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/LPneimanmarcus/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=LPneimanmarcus&byhref=1&SESSIONVAR!skill=MichaelKors&referrer=%27+escape%28document.location%29

I also think this applies to ordering online, but once you get a 'live' person, you can ask for the best information to get your bag repaired, since it's still under warranty.

Check this site and perhaps you can click on 'Retail Store Return and Exchange Policy' and/or 'Product Quality and Guarantee' on the right hand side:

http://www.michaelkors.com/store/service/nmAssistance.jhtml

In the meantime, you can try both customer service emails and maybe you will get a timely response.

Best regards,
Cher