Bryan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Many years of internet research experience. I also run my own business.
Type Your Question Here...

Oven indicates an 80 degree positive bias as compated to an

Oven indicates an 80 degree positive bias as compated to an independant thermometer. exp; to obtain an oven at 350 you have to set it to 430. New long thermocoule did not fix problem.

bryanpaul52 :

what kind of thermometer are you using to make this comparison ? is it digital or one of the round dial type you stick in the oven ?do you have a make and model number also ?

Maytag Stove mod CRE8600ACW Use two round dial type thermo9meter you stick in the oven.

okay , Ovens can be up to 30 degrees off . ButXXXXXoff. Unfortunately it mean the oven control (clock) is bad. There are only two things that control the temp and you replaced one of them (probe) that leaves the clock/control. The bad news is they are showing this unavailable. the part number is XXXXX 7601P224-60 their are places you can send this to be repaired however. As it stands you cant calibrate these more than 30 degrees. heres a link to the repair company I know of. they are very reliable.