Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

What happens if a company uses the BBB logo and is not reg

What happens if a company uses the BBB logo and is not registered?
Hello and welcome.

"
BBB Accredited Businesses may advertise BBB Accreditation in limited ways only under written agreement with their accrediting BBB.
"

They need to be accredited or else it is a false representation and possibly a Scam.

You can verify them at this link:
http://www.bbb.org/online/consumer/default.aspx

If they are not there and use the logo you can report them.

The BBB is a registered trademark. If a Company uses this trademark and is not a registered member of the BBB, they will be asked by the BBB to change their advertising and remove the BBB logo from where they have it posted. If the company does not comply and they are reported, the BBB can take legal action in the way of a lawsuit for trademark infringment. You can read more about this in the second paragraph in this link from the BBB: http://www.bbb.org/us/trademarks/

Please let me know if you have further questions ad I will be happy to continue with you to be sure you get Excellent Service. Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.