A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

If a homeless person goes to a police station and inquires

If a homeless person goes to a police station and inquires about a haven, that provides, like say, 2 years of training for employment, are there such places that provide this type of help that the police department probably knows about? If so, is such a service and assistance also available to anybody or homeless people only and do these havens also provide shelter and necessities until the 2 years of employment training are up? Thank you.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

It is highly unlikely that the police department would know about any such programs, although ti certainly doesn't hurt to ask. They may have a community outreach office, depending on the size of the city.

For the kind of programs you are asking about, one would need to contact the local Social Service agencies to see what is available in any specific locality in regards XXXXX XXXXX and jobs training. This information is also not usually available online. Each agency would have its own requirements for receiving help, such as whether they were homeless, what other financial resources the applicant had. I know of no agency that provides shelter and training for free unless someone is in desperate circumstances. The length of training would also be up to the local agencies involved. Two years is a very long time to be on public assistance.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For desperate situations, are there any agencies that would provide shelter and training for at least as long as it takes the individual to learn the training? Thank you.

I am sure there are, but every locality and town is different, and you would need to contact the local Social Service agencies to see what is available in your area. What is available could be nothing at all to more extensive help. There are no national databases to tell what is available in individual localities. One needs to contact the local agency and ask.

Kind regards,

Schuyler