Glenda B.
Glenda B., Internet Researcher
Experience:  15+ years of experience in research, verification and data collection.
53729464
Type Your Question Here...

vintage toys and hobbies I need someone who knows vintage Trains.

vintage toys and hobbies I need someone who knows vintage Trains. I get a lot of the engines and have no way to test them. I would like to test them someway without having to buy every size of transformer for every Gauge of track. I was thinking of how I could put power to the wheels with maybe a battery or something just to test that it still works. Hope someone can help me. Terri

Hi Terri,

.

If you do not mind me answering this for you I can help.

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Glenda you are always welcome to answer me just didnt know you were a train person.

Terri

I am a everything person! lol ... do you have train tracks?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have HO gauge but not S and thats one I need to see if the wheels go round.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Did you husband catch any fish?

Terri

He never does! lol. We had storms a lot and they say that makes them not bite!

.

I called the Train Specialist here, we have a Train Shop, where they do nothing but, sell Vintage Trains, and the newer Train Sets to Scale.. He said the power comes from the track , you can use what they call a universal transformer that can be used on most tracks, it feeds the power to the track ,that makes the engine move. He said to ask you if the wheels turn when you spin them in your hand? Do you see any broken wires anywhere?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The S Gauge engine the wheels do not spin. The HO gauge ones will move but not easily and the N gauge one is like the HO it moves but not easily.

Terri

.

He said if the wheels do not move then it is not working, it would need to be serviced, which means that it needs to be taken apart and cleaned up and greased etc. If the wheels are moving but, slowly or with difficulty then they need to also be cleaned, it can be trash picked up from the tracks when they were run, or rust. It said it was common on most old sets like this that have not been played with, or kept up. He also said there are a lot of collectors who would buy them anyway they like to fix them up or even use them for parts.

.

Do you want some prices for ones that may or may not work? You can list them for sell as needing serviced ! Not played with in awhile!

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hey you changed your name??????????? Now I am confused.

Terri

What do you mean changed my name? Ok, I am not sure what has happened, some one moved the question to the General Category and in there my name isXXXXX do not so that category much and never changed it. But, I do not know why it got changed.

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well who ever you want to be your great Thanks so much

Terri

LoL< thanks. When I first started I had it Ms Daisy and forgot to change that one... sorry.

.

Would you like to have some values for those engines?

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no thanks thats all I needed Terri

Hi Terri,

.

Ok, thanks If I can be of any further help you know where I am. If there is a problem with my answer please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button ), before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved. A good feed back rating, is very much appreciated. My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep. It is also the way I am credited for my work, then compensated, at no cost to the customer.

I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

If you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. Just requesting me expires in just a short time.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much,

Glenda