Glenda B.
Glenda B., Internet Researcher
Experience:  15+ years of experience in research, verification and data collection.
53729464
Type Your Question Here...

Ive got an antique full-length tilting mirror.

I've got an antique full-length tilting mirror. I don't know much about it, but I'm trying to find parts for it. Where should I look? As you can see from the picture, the bolt that makes the mirrors tilt is broken.  I'm wondering if there is a way I can find a replacement.  Also would like to know the provenience of the item if possible.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll be happy to wait. Thanks for asking.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. Please keep searching.

DG

.

If you are using a phone, ipad or other devise ( and not logged into the site ) you will need to be logged into the JustAnswer site in order to view the complete message and also in order to rate this question. Unless you are logged in the communication does not reach me through the Justanswer site, and the rating of the answer will not work. Thank you for taking the the time to log into the site.

I cannot give you the provenience of the Mirror without a makers name. These were made by hundreds of furniture companies, and still are made today. This one appears to be Victorian Era Mahogany Cheval Mirror. The very best place to purchase replacement parts for these antique mirrors is here: http://www.antique-hardware.com/Mirror_Parts?gclid=CKes4OCX87YCFYOK4AodVCAA7g They have an excellent stock of every thing you can imagine. You will probably have to purchase a pair so they match completely.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free letting me know. If there is a problem with my answer please feel free communicating this to me ( with reply to expert button ), before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved. A good feed back rating, is very much appreciated. My good rating is very important to me and something I strive to keep. It is also the way I am credited for my work, then compensated, at no cost to the customer.

I always do my very best to offer you the most current values and any information I can find for you.

If you would like to work with me on more questions you might have, just put my name ( Glenda ) in your question, then I will be sure to get it. Just requesting me expires in just a short time.

It has been a pleasure working for you, I look forward to it again.

Thank you so much,

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there no hope of getting a replacement to match the other?

The only way you might find the original one is to find one being sold on Ebay, or you can contact this site I included send them an email picture of yours and they may have one to match, that they have collected from past jobs. They have a lot of them that look very much like yours.

.

Thank you so much,

Glenda

.

.

Glenda B., Internet Researcher
Experience: 15+ years of experience in research, verification and data collection.