Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

For Cher: Can you suggest either a site we can peruse, or three

For Cher: Can you suggest either a site we can peruse, or three suggestion for a one week apartment studio rental in Paris, France in the 5 th or 6 th arrondissment for the period of Sept.1 thru Sept.14 of 2013?
Hello again, Danga and thanks very much for requesting me to answer your question.

I hope you have been well!

You mentioned you need a one week rental, but the dates you included are a two week time period (Sept. 1-14). Do you need the one week rental any time during these two weeks? If not, please let me know the exact dates you are looking to rent the apartment.

Please allow me a little time to research this information for you and then, send your answer.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I forgot to add another constraint. We are looking for something under $70/night. I don't know if that is possible given the location we are looking for.

It is for two weeks. The dates are correct. Thank you for confirmation.

Hi again, and thanks for your additional and helpful information confirming the time period and price.

I will be researching this for you and appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you

You're most welcome!

It's always my pleasure to be of help to you! : )

I will post back as soon as I have some information for you.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HOLD ON! I may have made an error about the dates!

No problem! I'll wait until you confirm your dates.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. the dates are: September 9-15 OR September 16-22

Hi again, and thanks for your clarification of the dates!

I'm working on this for you and will post back when I have the information.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Hi again,

In the 5th arrondissement:

This is a great site, but the prices are higher than $70 per night. Will there be 2 of you?
Check out what's available here, for Sept. 9-15, just to get an idea:

Note that under each picture, it says whether the apt. is available for the dates you need.

This one looks charming and is less expensive, but still more than $70 per night:

This one is also nice, but more than $70/night. I don't think you're going to find anything less expensive than about $99 per night.

In the 6th arrondissement:

Notice that some prices are per week and others, per night.

Let me know what you think.

I'm still researching and will try to send others. Just for your knowledge, right now, the Euro is equal to $1.30 US Dollars. This may fluctuate in Sept., but if you reserve in advance, you should be charged according to the exchange rate on the day you make your reservation.

Do you have any alternative areas you would be interested in? This one is quite pricey.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Information you sent is extremely helpful.

1) yes, it is for two persons

2) The 5th looks a) more expensive and b) mostly all sold out.

3) Another edit on the dates: Sept. 3-9 or Sept 15-22

4) would prefer no higher than 2nd floor. (In France their 2nd floor is what we call 3rd floor here)

5) Using the above, would appreciate it if you would do the same for the 6 ieme.

Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I'm glad you found the information I sent, extremely helpful! Laughing

Yes, I agree; the 5th looks more difficult to book for your dates, and more expensive. The adjustment on the dates might help find something for the 6th; I will keep in mind the lower floor and research that for you.

Best regards,

Hi again,

Try this one:

It's in the Ile-de-France. Price seems good. Not sure what floor it's on.

I don't think you're going to find what you want at your price, in the 5th or 6th arrondissement, even with your new dates.

I'm still searching for you..... : )

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Will get back to you today or tomorrow at the latest.

Hi again, and you're most welcome!

I have done much more research on the 6th arrondissement for the dates you're interested in, and the prices are at least double what you're looking for.

If you would like to choose either a different area and/or increase your price requirement, I would be happy to continue searching with your new criteria. Please let me know.

I look forward to you getting back to me; thanks!

Have a wonderful day!