Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

Ok: hopefully this is the right way to do this...smile My

Ok: hopefully this is the right way to do this...'smile'
My TimeWarner tech came out yesterday as I have had an ongoing problem for six months of not being able to switch back and forth from TV to DVD. He changed out the black box and the cables but it didn't help. He finally decided my TV needs to be replaced and the ports are not reading signals. He said to purchase a HDMI switch and this might keep the TV going for a short time. The TV is a Sony...about 5 years old...Approx. 42 screen. Right
Category: General
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

It sounds like h'e saying that you need more HDMI inputs that you have available?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Is that the issue you were trying to address?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

So that you can have one switch box going into the HDMI port on the TV and then use the switch box to select between different input sources?

Customer:

yes, this is my understanding...but where the advice comes from that I need a new TV is baffling to me.

Customer:

He seemed to indicate that the new HDMI port may give me some extra time w the TV but it needs to be replaced. It has a beautiful picture and I have not had any problems w it. thank you for your help.

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
I can't imagine why it would need to be replaced if you like the picture.

Do you think he could have been indicating that one of the HDMI ports has gone bad? If that's the case, then I still don't think you would need to replace it if you have a way to work around it. It sounds to me like he didn't really take into account what you wanted or liked! If the picture is beautiful, then I wouldn't consider replacing it. There are TVs out there, both good and bad, but most importantly, they are all different. And if you go get a new TV, there's no guarantee you'll like the picture more than the one you have. It's not like that any more... where a newer TV will necessarily look noticibly better. And it's very possible to get a new TV and not like it.

Hey... if the TV dies on you, you can always run out and get a new one, right? But until then, if you are happy with the one you have, there's no need to rush. The technology trends up while price trends down. There's no benefit to rushing.

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher