Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified expert with over 10 years experience.
Type Your Question Here...

Anyone know how to sell to Amazon?I just started a yoga wear

Anyone know how to sell to Amazon?
I just started a yoga wear company and I would like some tips and rules of how to sell to amazon.

thank you
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I actually used to sell on amazon quite a bit a few years back when I was managing on online store.

It can be very good and you can see a lot of sales from it.

Selling most products is simple, you just look up the product and click the button that you have one to sell.

In your case though it is not going to be that easy, you mention your company sells yoga wear which I would guess falls under clothing. Here is what amazon says about selling clothing:

"Listings for the sale of clothing and shoes on are restricted to sellers that are pre-approved by Amazon. Criteria for specific categories and links to category-specific request forms are provided in our Category Approval Process pages. "

You are going to need to meet the category requirements which you can find here:

Just click View Requirements next to Clothing, Accessories & Luggage. You will need to log in with your amazon account to continue so if you do not have one please make one.

Here is the main page for selling on amazon just to give you an overall idea of how it works:

As for tips on selling, I will give you a full guide here:

In my experience though selling on amazon comes down to either, having the lowest price or being the only source for a product that is in demand.

As I am sure you know Amazon is huge and millions of people are on that site per day so you have a way better chance of people finding your products and becoming buyers as people feel really confident buying on the amazon site even from a third party seller.

Sellers operate on a feedback score, everyone who buys from you can leave feedback. This is incredibly important and amazon does not provide much leeway for negative feedback. You must play by amazons rules and provide an excellent customer experience or they will ban you forever, I have seen it happen to people before and it does not take much.

Because of this it is important to only sell items you can ship within 24 hours or so and have in stock. So if you normally order things from a distributor make sure you can get them shipped quickly or do not list.

As I said if you have a product that is in demand and you can offer the lowest price you can do really well. You even have the option to ship your items to amazon in advance and have them ship directly from their warehouse which is great if you are moving a lot of product.

I hope this helps you out.

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris:

I saw this today from my competitors. Do you know how they did it?

I don't know exactly which product they used to do this as it can be done many ways but have a look at this just to give yourself an idea:

Also check this out:

Finally have a look at this.

I am sure they used an application of some kind just not sure exactly which one.

If my previous amazon answer was help please do me a favor and rate my service when you have a second.

Thank You