Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

Guitar repair question:I bought a custom guitar that is

Guitar repair question:

I bought a custom guitar that is originally supposed to have a 25.5 scale neck. I got a neck reduced to 24.75 scale.

Now the guitar will not intonate. What can I do to remedy this? (ie reposition the neck? reposition teh bridge?)
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sure

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Of course, I would change the strings first, but you have probably already done that. If so, I would suggest repositioning the bridge.

For the difference in scale, the position of the bridge will differ by about 3/4", but that could be off, so I'd suggest getting the exact measurements using this calculator.

Install the new neck and then use this calculator to find out the correct bridge placement....

Fretting Calculator

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.