TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

I used tax act to file this year.

I used tax act to file this year. I was supposed to get a refund of $1159. IRS only gave me $145. I was wondering which department I should call and a phone number. $$$$$$

I think what happened was:  I owed them $1015 but I paid them on 4/8/12. I have a confirmation number from the credit card  payment. Perhaps the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I guess I need to contact the payment department?

TaxTom :

Hello, You can call 1-800-429-1040 and there will be a choice by pushing numbers and you will want to choose the one for Individual tax returns. Thanks Tom

Thank You for letting me assist you with your question, If I can help you further please let me know. Tom