Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

Is profit web system-legit or scam? Gave them over 8000 dollars

Is profit web system-legit or scam? Gave them over 8000 dollars and will not return money after one week.
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello. If this is what you mean:
http://profitwebsystem.com/pmaangela97/downsell.aspx
100% scam.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you know of any way to get my money back?

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. What was the context of you having to pay them $8000?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I applied to an advertisement to work at home-to post links for stores-such as walmart. The next thing I got a phone call to tell me what I needed to do. To do the posting I needed to learn how to start a business. It would only take 2-3 hours a day with them coaching me. It sounded ok to me because I thought it would be a way to supplement my retirement.. The cost would be 8895.00 dollars. They had a contract -which when I read it now is very odd..I would met weekly with a coach weekly over the phone and have assignments to do via e-mail. They said to make money you need to spend money but it would work out that you would get the cost back very quickly. Two days later I got a phone call that we needed to set up a LLC before we go any further for 6615.00 dollars and that I would need to spend 39.00 dollars monthly for the tutorials. I got very worried felt they were asking to many questions-called them and said I was withdrawing from the program. The man said I would get my money back in 3 days. I did . The same day I called the first guy-Sean would not talk to me had to speak to customer service. Told them I was withdrawing because I was told that I had 30 days to change my mind. Th guy in customer service said No-the 30 days only applied to the lead in not the course. He said I only had 3 days and that it was recorded that he told me that. I do not remember anything about 3 days only 30 days. There is nothing in the contract about 30 days. I signed up on a wednesday and withdrew the following wednesday- I never learned anything and the password XXXXX they gave me never worked, so I never was able to read all their tutorials. Since then about 1 month got an e-mail when are you returning? Ignored it. This week got an e-mail that a membership with a wholesale site was available for me at a 33% discount-ignored it. I closed my credit card and they are going to see what they can do to help me, but doesn't look hopeful. Is there any thing I can do or did I just lose my money. It was a stupid mistake. Any help would be appreciated.

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
The first thing (after closing the credit card) is to fill a police report. You mention you got your money back, was it the full $8000? When a scam usually give you back money it is usually to build up confidence with them to hit you harder later on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got the 6615.00 dollars back from the second guy but none of the 8895.00 dollars form the first guy.

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
You sure may have to go to court to get that back, but for this you first have to get hold of them, and as with all scam artist, this require the help from the police. Nothing much i can do from my side.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting