Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

How much is a standard Louis Vuitton bag in France? Is it

How much is a standard Louis Vuitton bag in France?

Is it cheaper than in America?

Thank you.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Is your question in relation to a men's or women's standard Louis Vuitton bag and do you mean a piece of luggage (if so, what type/dimensions) or a carryall (for men) or purse (for women)?

Any particular style you had in mind?

Thanks for any additional detail you can provide, which is needed to quote prices.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm wondering about a standard entry level women's purse. The key part of my question is whether they are cheaper in France (where they're from) or about the same price as in America.

Thank you.

Hello again, and thank you for your reply with additional and helpful information.

From the research I have done, it would be cheaper to buy such a purse in France, where they are made, and more expensive to buy it in America. Another thing to keep in mind is that there is a 12% VAT (Value Added Tax) added to the price when a non-resident buys it in France, however, you are asked to fill out a form at the place of purchase and might get the VAT refunded on the spot (it's like buying 'duty- free') or show your form at Customs at the airport and get your duty-free refund, there.

I hope this helped.