Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

Currently you can only buy fat free bread which universally

Currently you can only buy fat free bread which universally tastes like cardboard...Do you know where I can buy bread which is not fat free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe K.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Completely understand your situation as it does get difficult to find great tasting bread today that is fresh and yet does not taste like you are eating cardboard. While homemade is still considered the best, XXXXX XXXXX packaged breads that can come close to what we all remember as great tasting bread of years ago. Just about all breads today are either low fat or gluten free so difficult to locate on the grocery shelf without visiting your local bakery to purchase fresh made bread. Also consider the bread that is baked in the market fresh instead of the packaged ones.

I have researched this morning some reviews conducted to find the best tasting bread available for purchase.

1. Saveur went ahead and reviewed 30 different packaged sandwich breads and even though they were listed as "Gluten-Free", they focused on those that tasted the best:

2. Saveur also ran a review last year of their top 20 picks of local bakeries that are doing great work today on making bread. Some of these may also ship across the country:

Also Bon Appetit review with web sites to visit for possible purchase:

3. Celebrity chef Rachael Ray conducted a study in her publication and came up with store bought bread that rating great in terms of taste: