Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

How much money did the state of Massachusetts make on the excise

How much money did the state of Massachusetts make on the excise tax on alcohol alone for the past 3 years
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

The Beacon Hill Institute at Suffolk University has a report on tax revenue for alcohol for 2012-2103. In this report you will economic forecasts for MA for FY2010-2012 and then for 2013:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't need forecasts. I needed the actual amounts.

A number of the state revenue sites are not being kept current so having a difficult time getting exact numbers.

The most current report I was able to locate is from the Department of Revenue for FY 2010:

Page 12:

Here though is a site that conducted some of the research themselves and came up with numbers for the excise tax:
Cut off the last part of the link. Here is the exact link to the site: