SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

How do you stand on staging when selling a house?Someone

How do you stand on staging when selling a house?
Someone told me you want people to look at a room and picture their own belongings in it. If you stage your home, potential buyers are likelly to fixate on the items in the room and how it is decorated - noe rooms themselves.
What is yor opinion?
Category: General
Expert:  lawpro replied 1 year ago.

Law Pro :

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Law Pro :

Staging is a great way to show case a property and is done all the time.

lawpro, Attorney
Experience: Over 24 years practicing law.
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX this is an excellent question.

I completely understand your concern.

The issue comes on where you want to stand on selling the house. The first answer is NO you do not have to paint the walls white however something more neutral will help open the space up and make it appear larger and more importantly cleaner.

The second part is 2 ways - sometimes larger more open houses sell faster because they are just plain "clean slate" where people can use their imagination to actually picture living there. The other part depending on how you want people to "imagine" themselves in the space is actually to stage it(if you had staging items) with some of the basics so people can get a dimensional feel for the space. For example actually SHOWING people the size of the bedroom with a staged bed, or if there are alcoves showing them the size of it and how it can be a nook. Or even something as basic as a couch and wall mounted LCD prop so they can see how the living room space can be adjusted.

If you can swing it, it would be easier on the buyer to see not so much a LIVED IN space but more of a "could be" type of space with the larger props taking a bit of space so they buyer, while looking at a clean slate can get a feel for the options of configuration.

It would make it feel just warm enough so the person doesnt have to stretch their mind around absolutely no belongings.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now I understand better what real estate agents have been trying to explain to me.

But when I paint, do I want to decorate the walls (neutrally, of course!) and put holes in the walls I've just fixed?

Did you mean to rate and therefore pay the expert who stated:
"

Law Pro :

Staging is a great way to show case a property and is done all the time."

Or did you mean to accept my thorough answer of:
"My name is XXXXX XXXXX this is an excellent question.

I completely understand your concern.

It would make it feel just warm enough so the person doesnt have to stretch their mind around absolutely no belongings."