Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

I have no idea who to ask about this. I wasnt sure if I should

I have no idea who to ask about this. I wasn't sure if I should talk to a Psychiatrist or a job counselor... but anywho....
I need massive help finding a job. I have a Diploma in children's services which means that I am qualified to be a Group leader/Educational leader in a childcare setting. Unfortunately that is all, unless I use my Diploma go to Uni to become a teacher. I don't have the money or the time to complete another qualification. I finished my Diploma almost two years ago, and I still don't have a full time job. I didn't start job searching until after my graduation which was a month after I finished study. I wanted to have a break from the stress. After my grad, I new I had to look for work... I managed to score a relief job at a local childcare. Unfortunately I didn't like the way things ran there, and I also started getting quite sick. I was too scared to go to work just in-case I felt unwell. I also had a bunch of emotional difficulties going on. I ended up getting fed up with it all. I got in contact with Centrelink and I quit my relief job all together. I was living at home with my parents (I still am actually) and my boyfriend (now fiance) proposed to me. We thought that we would be able to be married within the next year. So the deal with Centrelink was that I had to look for 10 jobs a fortnight and report it every fortnight, in order to receive extra money while I was searching. During my search I did end up scoring another relief job at a childcare just down the road from my house. I was slowly getting over my sickness (although I was still worried about it), but the job was a lunch relief job, which meant that I only had to work 2 hours a day and only do full days when another staff member was sick. It wasn't much, but it was good enough at the time. Unfortunately I was more sick than I thought, so filling in for staff sick days was ruled out... I was, and still am just doing 2 hours a day of work. I am casual, so it is good pay, but not enough to live on. I have been with my fiance for nearly 5 years and we have nearly been engaged for a year and a half. He is still in Uni studying, and doing a paid internship this year for a year. He doesn't know if he will be offered a job after the internship, and my job will never pay enough to support us living together. I quit centrelink after they put me through Sarina Russo.... they were asking me to do unpaid work experience for a certain amount of hours to continue getting money from centrelink. It was a waste of my time.
So anyway here I am now. I started my job at the end of June last year and I am still working my 2 hours a day.
I have gotten so sick and stressed that I have had enough childcare. I love working with children, but I don't/can't see myself myself working full time in a childcare situation. I also don't think that being a group leader is doable for me. It is way to stressful.
I'm at a dead end, and I don't know what to do. I can't do retail or be a check out chick because I'm not allowed to stand up for more than an hour (back problems). I can't do anything that will stress me out. I have Borderline Personality Disorder, which complicates a lot of things. I just simply don't know what to do.... I am finding myself wishing that I could just get married and not have to worry about a job, but it isn't possible. Everything requires qualification and experience.
HELP????????
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.

Your back problem indeed don't make thing easy as it prevent you from many manual labor. That said you can check all the production facilities around you to see if they need someone assembling or inspecting in a production line (in a sitting job). There is not much personal interaction in a production line so your Borderline Personality Disorder should not be much of a problem.

You could be receptionist.

Your parent seem to be supportive so perhaps you could study basic administration (sitting jobs).

You could be a taxi driver.

You can be an artist.

You can work on a sewing machine.

You could be a writer.

Don't believe too much the job application form that mention "qualification and experience". Those are not always but often a bluff.

Never stop trying and don't fear you can't do the job before trying it. Trust yourself, you have nothing to lose. Don't assume your boyfriend will be there for you in the future (who know what can happen in 10 years, you may not love each other anymore or he may die). Prepare for the worst then hope for the better.

Stop watching TV or do any non productive task, you must make finding a job your current full time job. If you feel you lack skill or educations in an interesting job, read on it (library, internet) until you are confident enough to take it. Remember the song from Daft Punk "Harder Better Faster Stronger"? Apply it.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting