Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

i opened the safe about amonth ago no problem..the combo card

i opened the safe about amonth ago no problem..the combo card says to never close safe in the locked position ..i might have done that does that destoy the safe .. i have tried multiple times to open it ..no success ..i have cleared the lock
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sara and welcome to Just Answer.

Thanks for your question about your safe.

Who is the manufacturer of your safe and what is the model number?

It has a dial/combination lock?

Does it also require a key to open?

Thanks for all your additional information enabling me to send you the most complete answer.

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

world monetary reserve combination safe

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Sara and thanks very much for your reply with additional and helpful information.

Please allow me a little time to find a resource for this safe and get an answer to you.

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so what do you suggest i do

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Sara and thanks for your patience.

According to my research, it seems that you are not the only customer who has bought this safe and then encountered a problem with opening it, all of a sudden. You can call their Client Satisfaction department at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand ask for help in walking you through the opening procedure, if you closed your safe in the locked position. They will also be able to tell you if there is a way to reset the combination, but with most dial/combination safes this is not possible.

If your safe is still under warranty, you should have no problem requesting a replacement and you can inquire how to get it open before sending it back (perhaps with the help of a locksmith/safe technician), so you can retrieve your valuables.

It seems that there are many disgruntled safe owners out there with this brand of safe and it does not work well for very long.

Call their Client Satisfaction Department and see what you can accomplish. You may have a defective safe that needs replacement.

I realize that this may not be the type of answer you were expecting, but there is very little information about this safe out there, so contacting the company is your only option at this time.

I hope everything works out well with your safe!

Best regards,
Cher

Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist